Low on space notificationGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dlwills

dlwills Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was just wondering if any new suggestions have come up on how to deal with the this notication that is becoming an issue with my phone and my daughter's phone. We have deleted caches, phone history, unwanted applications and old text messages but as soon as an application has an update, the notication and associated problems with low on space start to happen.

I recently had to have my Eris replaced (traceball issues) and once I reinstalled the applications I had something like 57mb of space available. I now have 16.12mb space available after performing the above procedures. Do they know what application or process is accumulating and hogging the phone space? It seems like doing a factory reset will only be a temporary solution, solving the problem for a couple of weeks.

Advertisement
  2. Flyphoenix

Flyphoenix Well-Known Member

Well I would say look at all your apps you have and ones you don't really use.
    How many apps do you have?

3. Kid Twist

Kid Twist Well-Known Member

Are you using the Mail application (not GMail, the other app)? Piling up a ton of large emails in there can eat into your space.

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Once the full list finally loads, hit Menu and select Sort by size. You'll see your apps in descending order by size. The ones at or near the top may be the culprits.

4. dlwills

I have a total of 93 applications. I am trying to get rid of the duplicates. I have Astro and Quick System, so I am thinking of getting rid of Quick System. I am also thinking of getting rid of Trapster as my area does not get updated frequently, nor do I use that application.

5. dlwills

I am only using Gmail for my email. I deleted Trapster and that gave me 8.5mb more space. I still wonder what is filling up my memory. Every other day (or more) I am deleting caches in applications, and deleting old text messages (currently have less than 600 undeleted messages).

6. dlwills

Case in point, earlier by deleting Trapster, my space increased to 24.53. No text messages, phone calls or added applications and my space decreased to 23.55mb available.