"Low on space" phone/application storage notificationSupport

Last Updated:

1. PleaseBreathe

PleaseBreathe Active Member

I received this notice yesterday for the first time. I tried moving apps to sd card, deleting apps, deleting text messages, and maybe a few other things. None of those worked. Someone posted in this thread to look at all apps and filter by size. I did this and Dolphin HD was the biggest (70mb) So I cleared it's cache and the notice went away and has not come back after a day of use. I think this notice can come up for a number of different reasons. But that was mine.

2. Stockmoose16

Stockmoose16 Well-Known Member

I keep getting a low memory notification warning, but neither my SD card, phone memory, or internal memory are even close to depleted. Each has at least a 700 mb of open space, and as much as 6 GBs. I've found some strings that say this bug is related to using HTC Mail, however, I use Touchdown, so that can't be it.

I've looked through my running applications and there is nothing taking up more than 24.1 mb of space (Dolphin browser). I cleared the data for that app and the notification immediately disappeared. I'm sure, however, that it will reassert itself shortly.

Given that I have so much memory available, what's causing this problem and how do I fix it?
  3. Makavetis

Makavetis Well-Known Member

I downloaded the Adobe Flash update from the Market, and right after started getting the notification for Low on Space, that resulted in emails not coming in and other things not updating. Soon as i uninstalled updates, Low on Space was gone.
    Rest assured I have tons of space, I only have a couple of programs. But I tried doing it 2 more times and each time I would see the notification right after I install flash, then it would be gone after I remove updates and revert back to 2.2 stock flash.
  4. Makavetis

i also got the Low on Space only after installing Adobe Flash update. i uninstalled and re-installed it 3 times and the Low on Space came and went as I would remove the Flash. WHY!?
  5. Jarpee

Jarpee Well-Known Member

I have a notification that says I am low on Application data space, I have deleted several apps, but it is still there. It makes no sense because it showed up 2 days ago and I haven't downloaded any new apps in at least a week. Anyone have any ideas what to do?
  6. Jarpee

Jarpee Well-Known Member

It's not the same notification. This says low on application data space and won't go away with the same remedies for that other warning, which I have already had and fixed.
  7. Makavetis

uninstall adobe flash update
  8. Makavetis

i uninstalled the adobe flash update and that solved it for me.
  9. AdrenalineJunky89

AdrenalineJunky89 New Member

same thing happened to me, i guess im just gonna uninstall it as well
  10. AdrenalineJunky89

AdrenalineJunky89 New Member

yup, went away. Well thats really annoying :\
  11. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

Makavetis, this may have worked for you, for now. Nut, it is not the solution. The Flash update has nothing to do with the issue. It's merely a coincidence that this has worked for you.
    howarmat likes this.
  12. mrmangos02

mrmangos02 Member

i had that with pandora. i uninstalled and reinstalled. seemed to have a memory leak for some reason
  13. mrmangos02

mrmangos02 Member

why are you updating in market place? it comes with the 2.2 update and the other update to .92 is not through the market place.
  14. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

There was a Flash update after the 2.2 OTA. If I remember correctly Flash that was released with the OTA was build number The current build number is and is available in The Market.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again. Flash has nothing to do with the Low Space warning, it's coincidental.
  15. Makavetis

yea now i installed flash update with no problem. after clearing facebook data
  16. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

merging with main 'low memory' thread
  17. lvlln

lvlln Well-Known Member

I got this notification recently, and it won't go away, despite having 519/748MB available space.

None of the solutions people have posted works. I don't use HTC Mail; I don't even have an account set up with that app. The app that takes the most space on my phone is Dolphin Browser HD, with 52.71MB. My contact storage takes up a whopping 7MB, so that's clearly not the issue.

Is there some way to just force-kill whatever process is causing this notification to constantly appear?
  18. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

clear the cache for dolphin
  19. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

I have the problem and this is my fourth rom since 2.1 that has the problem. I have 334mb free, but still get "Low on space".

1. Zero social apps
    2. No cache in dolphin when checked (shows 5.34 mb total for the app- zero cache).
    3. No Google Earth
    4. No caches with messages or email.
    5. No Skyfire

I STILL get the error. I have 334mb of space I can not use and out of space for new apps- in spite of using apps2sd for all apps that allow it.

The error used to pop up after about 250mb free. Now 334mb is the magic fail number.
  20. lvlln

lvlln Well-Known Member

OK, I used Dolphin Browser's own cache clearing system, and things seem to be in order now.

But still, it's distressing to know that I can have 70% of my app space free and still get this annoying notification that doesn't disappear. Seriously, this is total programming/UI fail, both in when to trigger the notification, and making the notification not disappear until the "issue" has been "resolved."
  21. smokemyshorts

smokemyshorts New Member

I had the same problem come up today. I tried everything I could think of to clear it. Nothing worked...until I read your post about clearing the Dolphin cache. Once I used Dolphin's own cache clearing system, the error disappeared! I will remember that trick. Thanks.
  22. mldiroff

mldiroff Member

Try deleting Google Voice stuff.....I tried everything, then got rid of GV data and it finally disappeared.

Of course, as I'm writing this, it came back as everything sync'd. Eff!:eek:
  23. thecoach

thecoach New Member

i've been getting this message for a few days now and had a lot of trouble getting it to disappear. i moved a bunch of apps over to the sd card, cleared the cache in dolphin, and then started clearing the data in individual apps until the alert/message finally cleared. i still don't understand what caused it.
  24. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

So, I'm trying to update a 40MB app (SVOX US English Female Voice - Android app on AppBrain), but my phone is telling me "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item.".

Could someone explain to me why I'm seeing this if the following is true?

What the hell is the phone looking at to decide that I do not have enough space? Looking at that information, I have plenty of space everywhere!
  25. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member