"Low on space" phone/application storage notificationSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ray3rd

Ray3rd Active Member

This phone is screwed. Now all it does is reboot.

Advertisement
  2. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

3. Ray3rd

Ray3rd Active Member

Thanks everyone . I ended up doing a factory reset.
  4. drPheta

drPheta Well-Known Member

Are you using HTC Mail? If so, from the home screen, press Menu > Applications > Manage applications and look for "Mail" (shows HTC Corporation underneath it).

See how many megs Mail is taking up. A lot of people have been having this issue, and someone's already started on getting HTC to acknowledge the problem. I've already dealt with this and had to reset the phone to factory settings to clear away HTC Mail.

No one knows why it does this, but there are a couple threads on this here and Android Central.

HTC Mail Memory Leak/Bug ("Phone Storage Getting Low") - Android Central Forums

http://androidforums.com/support-tr...-getting-low.html?highlight=phone+storage+low
    geekofagirl and Ray3rd like this.
  5. gobluejd

Fyi his still did after a factory reset.
  6. drPheta

drPheta Well-Known Member

gobluejd, he only reboot, didn't reset. Just recently did he reset, and he thanked us. I'm assuming that fixed the issue, which means he had the same exact issue I detailed above.
  7. Ray3rd

Ray3rd Active Member

I had to do a factory reset. Everything is good now. Now I just have to reload all my apps. And no I do not use HTC mail. I just dont understand why it was doing all that crap.
  8. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

Interesting read. I don't have this problem but to clarify (and to lookout for it) - having large document attachments etc will raise the total storage but it should never get to the 100+ megs if working properly? Or is it that it can get to the 100+ megs *within* htc mail but it should NOT leak out into the phone memory and cause it to freeze up the phone?
  9. gobluejd

I was referring to my buddy mentioned above, davewoodson. He did a factory freset. Then sometimes he would TXT, SMS or would use Google Talk, it would freeze.
  10. davewoodson

davewoodson Well-Known Member

yeah, it would and I would have next to nothing on it. in fact, I just had factory settings the last time. The time before that I had the exact some stuff my wife had (she had more games) and it would do it.

Anyway, got my new one today and it seems to be running just fine

Dave
  11. zohan777

zohan777 Member

I have an HTC incredible and a ton of free memory (579MB to be exact) but still getting this low space message.

I've cleared the browser cache and I've also removed some apps but the error is still there and I can't delete any new apps.

:confused:

Any help would be most appreciated!
  12. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

OS memory and phone storage memory are seperate things.

EDIT: I think I misunderstod your post - sorry.
    zohan777 likes this.
  13. zohan777

zohan777 Member

My available internal phone storage is 6.44GB (out of 6.60GB)
  14. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

How many apps do you have installed?>
  15. zohan777

zohan777 Member

Approx 80..
  16. contagous

Hmm which programs, maybe you have a bugged one, did you try soft reseting the phone? I.E battery pulling.

and then checking?
    zohan777 likes this.
  17. zohan777

zohan777 Member

Yes, I did - but didn't help..
  18. contagous

Hmm sory can't help you anymore, haven't got mine yet, hope you get it sorted. maybe a hard reset back to basics and start again :(
    zohan777 likes this.
  19. zohan777

zohan777 Member

Yeah, that's what VZ tech support suggested..seems a defective app caused this but cant tell which..
  20. daftlush

daftlush Active Member

I started getting this message. It just got worst, to the point were i couldn't open a txt message due to lack of memory. Mu phone started acting like a virus infested PC. I had to do a factory reset.
    zohan777 likes this.
  21. mobilehavoc

mobilehavoc Well-Known Member

I think the issue is the amount of apps not memory. I bet you can run fine with 70 or so but once you hit 80 it freaks out. I remember people reporting this on the Sprint Hero
  22. mmfusco

mmfusco Member

Is this SD card memory or internal storage? However both are not what causes that message you get that from the app memory on the phone which I believe is only around 512. Try deleting some of the apps you don't use or need.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    zohan777 likes this.
  23. saucy

saucy New Member

Had the same problem after installing about 90 apps. Did a factory reset and didn't use the HTC mail app. It seems that there's a memory leak in the app. Everything is fine now.
    zohan777 likes this.
  24. zohan777

zohan777 Member

Ok, guys (and ladies!), here's how I managed to fix this problem.

I deleted about 10 more apps (new total apps: 71) and this freed the memory phone to 591MB - then the phone automatically resumed downloading some updates to apps including the advanced task killer.

I used the advanced task killer to kill a bunch of apps that were still running and voila...the "low on space" error message went away.

I've since updated over 10 apps and all is well. Looks like the apps count needs under 80 for some reason...hopefully this is fixed with 2.2.

Thank you all for writing with ideas.
  25. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

Weird. If there really is a limit to the apps that BETTER be fixed in 2.2 because thats just stupid.