• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help low on system storage

hi all,
i am using samsung galaxy r, which has a total system storage space of about 1.97gb and space used around was 299 mb . later on i started using samsung kies in my phone using portable wifi hotspot to connect to my computer. so after the typing the web address 192.168.43.1:8080 into my browser soon i got a page which shows detail about my phone. so went to the video section and and tried to upload a 1.37gb movie into my mobile which had a lot of usb storage space. so as the uploading approached to 99% my browser (google chrome) got hanged so i closed the browser, and stopped samsung kies. so i knew that the movie wouldnt have been copied into my mobile, but to my astonishment i opened task manager and i found my system storage used was 1.38gb out of 1.97gb leaving only 596 mb of free space. Though the movie was not there in mobile.
so please help me on how to remove the broken file from my system memory.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones