low phone storage - move apps to SD - spontaneously rebooting...

1. thumperyz69

thumperyz69 Well-Known Member

I received a message about low phone storage space and I went in and removed some apps and my space was still minimal

Advertisement
    :
  2. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

If you have a recent nandroid you can restore that but the other option is to do a full wipe and reinstall RL4 or upgrade to RL5, also you can try to move everything back but I don't know how long it is staying on before it reboots.
  3. evomattnc

evomattnc Well-Known Member

Move them back lol. A lot of apps cant run from the sd card using froyo apps2sd. Your sd card is an amazing thing on evo because they gave us such paltry internal storage. Basically the best solution...grab a class 6-10 sd card and then flash dark tremors a2sd...it will move all the apps to the sd card and they will actually still work.

Froyo app2sd still retains some memory on the internal for accessing moved apps. Dark Tremor a2sd moves the entire application and utilizes a symlink to access it.

If you dont want to buy a new card i dont have much for you. Move them back to internal and move them one by one to sd card to see which are OK...?
  4. evomattnc

evomattnc Well-Known Member

Also after reading up on linux a bit it seems that available memory doesnt affect linux as much as say windows, that is to say it will run the same at 50 free as it will at 250 free...
  5. thumperyz69

My most recent nandroid is prolly a month old. I need to get on RL5 anyway...stay tuned...could be a fun night.... :rolleyes:

T
  6. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Just a little tidbit for the future, it is always a good idea to make a nandroid before moving stuff around in either TB, Root Explorer, or anything else that changes things in the system.
  7. thumperyz69

I know...shame on me. Everything was going well.... lesson learned.