Low Profile Car ChargerAccessories

Last Updated:

1. theslik1

theslik1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 23, 2010
    Does anyone here have any experience with low-profile car chargers (Scosche for iPhone is one example)? I'd like to have one to plug into my console power port and still be able to close the lid.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

iPad, iPhone & iPod Accessories Power powerPLUG Pro - Low-Profile USB Car Charger for iPod & iPhone

Any experience with these or similar units would be helpful. It does appear on first glance that the Scosche unit might work since it has 1 amp output and a standard USB interface.

2. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
  3. esswun

esswun Member

Aug 4, 2010
    I think I have the exact same elago car charger and I don't think it is working correctly. I've had it for over a month but never had to use it until today and here's what happened:

I plugged it in and the orange led came on and the charging icon on battery showed up. Then it turned off. Then it came back on, then off and so on. I went into settings>about phone>battery and it showed "charging (usb)" then "not charging" and kept cycling back and forth. This was at a definite rhythm and I could time it...like 3 seconds charging, 3 seconds not charging. So it wasn't like what one might experience if the cable was just not seated correctly or something and kept cutting on and off; it was going on and off repeatedly with an exact pattern.

On my wife's Droid X the icon and the phone both did not show any charging going on but Battery Minder app did say charging.

Any ideas why or suggestions?