Low Ram WarningSupport

Last Updated:

1. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else been getting a Low RAM Warning <15%? I am not rooted and have about 175MB of Free Memory. I am using ADW, using 3 screens with about 6 program icons on each. I am also using the Beautiful Weather App, Google Voice and the Web History. I am also using Maildroid as my yahoo mail client along side the stock email for the rest of my email clients. I am NOT running any Task Control programs as I figured it was best to let the OS handle those problems. I have Wi-Fi On, BlueTooth and GPS turned Off/.

For giggles, I reset my phone to Factory Status (Getting used to this, lol.. One way to learn your phone is by repetition, lol) and when I do I have about 58% Free RAM, but it moves up and down in pretty big jumps.......

I don't want to get in the habit of the BB, wherein you had to pull the battery everyother day or so it seemed due to memory leaks, which is what this sounds like as well..

SO, what are the Guru suggestions on controlling this beast. Thanks!!!!

Advertisement
  2. ray1510

ray1510 Well-Known Member

My memory is at like 130mb most of the time but occasionally jumps to 150mb or less than 130mb I have estrongs task manager as a widget that's what tells me what memory is using, how do I get more memory, I've seen some ppl say that they have 190 and 180mb, is the more memory I have the faster the internet and the rest of the phone will work ? When I first had the phone it was up at 180mb I don't understand what's using the memory ......

3. gunny5821

I think this is one of those trade off type issues phones have. You can have a lot of programs or you can have a strong RAM showing. I'm going to limit my programs to what I actually need rather than what I would like... For example, I like to use ADW as my launcher and an assortment of apps. I'm going to try and run a modified stock for awhile and see what happens. Thanks for the assist!

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Hey Gunnie! How ya doing?!

If you are running ADW do you have all your widgets removed from the stock launcher? I read somewhere (think it was Powerkiter) that when he took all of them off and just had them running on ADW his phone ran smoother.

Have you been on a bit of an app fest and got loads running? I haven't had this problem... yet!

5. gunny5821

Hey RoseRed, no not on an app frenzy, but just noticed the low RAM because I had the Blink (LED Light on front, flashing) installed and it was reporting low RAM. So I pulled everything off (getting pretty good as this now, LOL) and started one app at a time. I am basically running on what I need rather than All I want. Seems to be working better now. I also think 2.1 will resolve a lot of the RAM issues. So looking for that upgrade, as we all are..........

**YES, I used ADW and removed or rather have hidden all of the apps I don't want showing. It worked very well, almost to well, since it has reduced my need to place app icons on my home screens. Which from what I here is a plus anyway... That was a great suggestion by the way!

6. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Glad to be of service Sir! I didn't set a warning with Blink for low Ram so could have been having that all along and would never have known. Ran into a problem with mega battery drain last couple of days but finally figured it was down to a timer app I'd been using for the cooking. Its odd what can upset the apple cart but needless to say I have dumped it and got another one to try. Can't be burning the pizza and fries now can I?!