Low signal since 4.3

1. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Well-Known Member

Anyone on Djembey Mke using the MKE modem notice a lower signal since updating? I'm on EE in Southampton and I'm rarely on 1 bar maybe 2 max. Signal drops to E in my office now :( have checked with EE and no reported problems.

Advertisement
  2. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

Similar here. Might just try an older modem
  3. Sydney99

Mk8 flashed, all is working so far......
  4. Rudedawg

Think I'll follow suit
  5. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I'm on EE using MKE firmware+modem
    I can't say I've noticed any difference, but let me know how you get on with MK8 modem. I'll give it a go if it's looking good.
  6. Sydney99

Much better on this. Now no drop out and stronger signal again. Happy days...
    Hawker likes this.
  7. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Ok Syd, you've twisted my arm.....
  8. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Monkey see... monkey do! ;)

It does seem to be a better signal, at my desk, on MK8, over MKE. Will need to test it further though. ;)

For now, nice one Syd! :thumb:
  9. Sydney99

We all know where the real testing is done though....
  10. Rudedawg

No difference for me at all. Still 0 bars and E when indoors. Probably the area though as a mate from london was down and his HTC had 1 to 0 bars in this workplace . Honestly EE has been getting worse. Probably time for a switch next year.

Guy sat opposite us on his Lumia 700 on O2 had full signal. Irritating when a mast sits in the middle of our car park.
  11. ironass

After 4 days on the MK8 modem, I can honestly say that there is no difference, for me, to the MKE modem in the various locations I have tested it.

You're not the only one having problems with EE in the UK and their signals as these two articles point out...

EE Signal Problems: EE Have Cut Back Their 3G Network In The UK Now 4G Is Launched on PostDesk

This one is a breakdown of a BBC Watchdog programme that lambasted EE for their signal problems...

EE 4G: Making a simple phone call is difficult?
    Rudedawg, Hawker and Sydney99 like this.
  12. Sydney99

I trust this assessment is based on a thorough testing process........the landlord at the TZ must love new modem releases......
  13. ironass

As do the landlords of The Hunters, Kings Head and Red Lion! ;)

(I always wondered how they could afford villas in Spain and Caribbean cruises. :smokingsomb:)