Low sound outputSupport

Last Updated:

1. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Well-Known Member

Today I noticed something that puzzled me. The stereo we use at work, which puts out more than enough sound than we need, seemed very quiet today when I hooked up my N4 today for the first time. My volume was up high as was the stereo. I even tried out some sound boost app from the play store and combed my settings to see if there were some sound output limit to prevent ear or speaker damage. But no matter what I tried, it seemed like my N4 would not put out much sound through the headphone jack. I could hardly hear the music over the sounds of the kitchen. It's not an issue with the speaker, my coworker plugged in his iPhone 5 and put both devices at half volume, and it sounded like more than double the volume I got.

I was wondering if this has been noticed by others, or if somebody knows more about this. I'm just trying to track down why this could be. Don't want to sound dramatic, but would hate to go a few days without my new N4 if there were a problem I had to return it for. Already have to do that with the new car (under 200 miles and there's an issue with a tail light).

Advertisement
  2. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member

3. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Can't say I've noticed that - I get pretty much the same volume from my N4 and my missus' iP4 with our external stereo and in the car.
  4. steslatt

How are you connecting to the stereo?
  5. odhinn

odhinn Well-Known Member

N4 is definitely quieter than my previous N1. I plug it into my car stereo to listen to music or podcasts on the drive, and have to crank the stereo up almost twice as loud with the N4.

Annoying, but not the end of the world. It's less noticeable with headphones.
  6. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

7. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Well-Known Member

I'm new to LG and T-Mobile. Can anybody tell me how rooting and flashing will affect warranties? I use to do this all the time, but I started to less and less as I've gotten nicer devices.
  8. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

9. steslatt

As long as you un-root and return back to stock if you ever need to return the phone you should be fine. I returned mine a few weeks ago with no problems.

Also if everyone that reads this stars the problem in this link the more likely it will be fixed.
  10. ZingXao

ZingXao Well-Known Member

Is the volume low on the phones inbuilt speaker as well? Only, compared to my parents Galaxy S and S3, the Nexus 4's sound is quieter and a bit more tinny. Is that the same for the Nexus 4s?
  11. steslatt

I'm pretty sure the inbuilt speaker is not effected by this bug.
  12. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Just use a standard audio cable for both in the car. For the external speaker, I use a standard audio cable for my N4 but the iPod connector for the iPhone.