Low Space

Last Updated:

1. DanFox89

DanFox89 New Member This Topic's Starter

My phone is telling me that I have low space, but according to my computer, I have well over 3GB on my SD, which leads me to believe that text messages and applications are stored in another part on the phone or on some server. Is there a way to transfer any of these to the SD card or send them to a G-mail account?

I can't even read text messages that I already recieved because of this and I've deleted well over 100 text messages and still can't read them. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Your phone's internal memory (not the SD card) is low. Your spot on that you need to delete them. I'm not sure how you can save them, but I know there are apps to do it.

3. DanFox89

DanFox89 New Member This Topic's Starter

So what do I do if I deleted them, but I still can't read or send new ones?

4. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    cry

seriously, i've no idea - are you still getting a "low memory" error/warning after deleting your sms messages?

5. StuartTheFish

StuartTheFish Well-Known Member

It's not just your text messages, every single app you have installs itself to the phone memory, with a few games saving the bulk of the content on the SD card. Uninstall some apps and you'll save some space. no way round it without rooting and installing your apps straight to the SD card. Or if your handset will be getting a froyo update, apps to SD is apparently included.

6. raystormer

raystormer Member

Well i found it was my emails that clogged my android phone system.... you can go in your app manager and where u see email engine go to that and select clear data ...that should help for sure it took up 40 megs on my internal memory ......running moto cliq..reguards

7. tracey1987

tracey1987 Member

You can save your apps to sd card by downloading a file manager app such as Astro. You will need to back up your apps using the file manager and then uninstall them. When you reinstall them from the file manager they should be saved on the sd card.