• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Low Storage Icon

ebc1973

Jul 1, 2010
I know there are a million and one topics on this subject. I cannot get rid of this icon! I have unmounted my SD card, so I can differentiate which apps on in phone memory vs. card memory. Knowing that all remaining apps shown were on phone memory, I removed all apps that were not crucial. This icon STILL remains. The question I have is, is there an app out there that gives me detailed information on apps that are installed in phone memory? Every app I have downloaded only gives me the total space available, and total space used. I cannot figure out what is filling up my memory. I have deleted all voicemails, all SMS and MMS messages, and still the icon remains!!! Is there an app that will detail the memory used in internal memory? I can't take this anymore. Or even better yet; a way to disable the stupid notification altogether!?!?

I know there are a million and one topics on this subject. I cannot get rid of this icon! I have unmounted my SD card, so I can differentiate which apps on in phone memory vs. card memory. Knowing that all remaining apps shown were on phone memory, I removed all apps that were not crucial. This icon STILL remains. The question I have is, is there an app out there that gives me detailed information on apps that are installed in phone memory? Every app I have downloaded only gives me the total space available, and total space used. I cannot figure out what is filling up my memory. I have deleted all voicemails, all SMS and MMS messages, and still the icon remains!!! Is there an app that will detail the memory used in internal memory? I can't take this anymore. Or even better yet; a way to disable the stupid notification altogether!?!?

You can check everything in manage applications whether its a downloaded application or a factory installed application. Clear all cache and unwanted data. Some apps like facebook are data hogs, if you clear data, you can just resign back into facebook

Upvote 0
Thanks. I have done that, cleared Dialer Storage, and still, I am running out of space. It says I only have 40.36 mb free. I just cannot figure out what is taking up the space. I have moved every single app over to the SD card that I am able to, and cleared data from just about everything. I just want to find an app that will tell me what apps are on the phone, and what are on the SD card, without having to click on each app individually. But I appreciate the suggestions nonetheless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones