• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Low Voltage Kernal by ejhart

just try it out... i use the undervolt and overclocked kernel and it is actually better to me

I'm the undervolt kernel, the oc/uv put me in a boot loop so i thought i'd try the uv. i put in my new 1500 oem battery yesterday and loaded this kernel. i've been off the charger for about 2 hrs now this morning and i'm at 98% still although i've barely used my phone today.

Upvote 0
I first tried the undervolt/overclock+N and noticed a pretty big drop in life.

I just started using the undervolt+N (stock clock) and battery life seems largely improved. Only seeing about 1-1.5% drop an hour as phone is in idle on a 1500mah battery.

i'm at 80% now after being off the charger for just over 5 hrs with the same battery and kernel as you. this was with fairly light use though, still pretty satisfied.

Upvote 0
Anybody have any ideas on how to verify that the WiFi is running at Wireless-N speeds? I have my AP set up on G/N mixed mode and in the wireless settings page it shows 54Mbps as my speed still even after flashing and validating the kernel is installed.

activate N only on your wireless router through its menu and see if your phone connects... thats how i figured it out.. also when you look in your wifi menu on your phone and click on your network it should say speed of 65mbps or higher not 54 since thats G

Upvote 0
activate N only on your wireless router through its menu and see if your phone connects... thats how i figured it out.. also when you look in your wifi menu on your phone and click on your network it should say speed of 65mbps or higher not 54 since thats G

My incredible connects to my Airport Extreme as:

b/g/n with a rate of 65

My laptop connects with:

b/g with a rate of 54

I named my 5 Ghz network differently and neither device can see it. I assume this is because neither device supports 5 Ghz (cheap wifi card in laptop).

Maybe the incredible only supports 2.4ghz?

Upvote 0
My incredible connects to my Airport Extreme as:

b/g/n with a rate of 65

My laptop connects with:

b/g with a rate of 54

I named my 5 Ghz network differently and neither device can see it. I assume this is because neither device supports 5 Ghz (cheap wifi card in laptop).

Maybe the incredible only supports 2.4ghz?

that is correct we only support 2.4 i think

Upvote 0
I'm the undervolt kernel, the oc/uv put me in a boot loop so i thought i'd try the uv. i put in my new 1500 oem battery yesterday and loaded this kernel. i've been off the charger for about 2 hrs now this morning and i'm at 98% still although i've barely used my phone today.

Based on that, I would expect the phone to run about 3-4x as long with undervolting. But how fast is the CPU running (at max) ? Can you use System Panel and figure it out?

Can anyone please confirm how much longer the phone lasts with the 1500 OEM (or even stock 1300) ?

I'd love to know the differential. I'd appreciate if someone could list usage parameters - BT, 3G, WiFi, Nav, calls, texts, browsing, etc. - as well.

Upvote 0
So I tried out the oc/uv and got stuck in rebooting. When I did a boot restore, I lost WiFi. It said it was unavailable. I had to reload the uv kernel that I previously had. Any idea why it lost WiFi? How do I get it back if I want to go back to stock?

try the overvolt undervolt file its just a step up in volts from the original uv file but made my DINC not hang like the main oc uv n file. theres like 3 steps to the undervolt files go to his website and read it but its something like this

"Try the 1st link (in overclock section) FIRST, only if you have stability issues (bootloop/lockup) should you then move on to the 3rd link with the slight overvolt at the 1.15ghz slot. If the third link fails for you then there is still hope, move on to the 5th link. If you need the kernels without wireless N use 2nd link then 4th link and last 6th link if all else fails. If by some slim chance NONE of these work for you, stick with the stock speed undervolt kernel in the very first links of this blog."

Upvote 0
Can't hurt to try...giving the new UV + N a try, will report back.

2.6.29-Hydra-uv-n-v02

LOL i've just done this, currently using this right now.

I don't have a wireless N router, do you know how to check if I had correctly enabled wireless N on my phone?

I assume if this kernel is running well, and my wifi is fine, I should have done it correctly?

Upvote 0
Based on reports of occasional issues, I guess the first thing is to try wireless tether to make sure it's still working ok. I can't test my N yet either because I don't have it at home, there's a wireless access point at work that I loaded it for so I'll find out tomorrow. If there's a way to tell otherwise, I don't really know it.

I was just planning to check my connection at Settings > Wireless and Networks and hope the N is showing up as something greater than 54 mbps that my 802.11g Linksys provides. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones