Low VolumeSupport

Last Updated:

1. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any app or anything to increase the call and speaker volume?

They are well too quite. When I am outdoors I cannot hear my phone ring and cannot hear anyone on the phone.:mad:

If there is no way around it, has there been any information released about this in v2.1?

Thanks in Advance

Advertisement
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

I do not know of anything that will increase the volume coming out of the actual phone. The external speaker is extremly small, but the volume it puts out is equal to the size. I would suggest either using a Blu-Tooth Headset or a wired one. This will solve your out door problems and will give a much louder sound, due to the way they interact with your ears.

Good Luck!

3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

The speaker is very directional and you kind of need to learn where the 'sweet spot' is for your phone and ear. Yup sounds weird but it does make a difference, honest!

4. CuBz

Ok thanks :)

I'm sending it back anyway getting a different one

5. kauvio

kauvio Member

took me awhile to figure out but i had to press the up button while in a call to get higher volume because the default set is at 50%, but even then its still not as loud as some other phones.

6. Pigusmaximus

Pigusmaximus Member

Foe me the call volume and speaker volume is the main problem for me, they are to basic functions of a phone. Im ok with 1.6 at the moment, i put fixing the volume a higher priority than the os.

7. CuBz

Me too. If 2. 1 would fix the volume problem I wouldn't be bothered about 2. 2 because there is nothing else I want other than HD video

8. Aadarsh

Aadarsh New Member

I am having the same problem with the handset, cant hear anything when outdoors or in busy places, i am planning to send it back...is this a one off problem or is it common with the xperia, 1.6 is alright but volume is a let down :)

9. CuBz

It is a well known problem and a lot of people have complained but Sony Ericsson make out like nobody has complained about it

10. johnaachen

johnaachen Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if people with the X10 mini or X10 min pro have this low volume problem?

I think its an outrage that SE don't announce that they can fix this problem! Write to Watchdog and complain!

11. CuBz

As far as I've been told, the mini is better for volume but I can't confirm that

12. mbailey

mbailey Member

Only problem is Bluetooth volume is equally as low. :-(

I agree with all the other comments on the thread regarding low volume, I really hope they manage to sort something out for the 2.1 release.

13. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

I've seen loads of people on here complaining about the volume but I've really had no problem with it at all.

The ringtone I use is very loud and I can clearly hear it outdoors even when it's in my pocket.

When I'm using the phone, I can always hear the other person clearly. In fact, one of my friends is usually so loud I have to turn the volume down when talking to her!!!

I wouldn't say my hearing is great, but I'm just wondering if the people who have a problem are those who listen to MP3 players all day long and so consequently have deadend their hearing.

Just a thought.

14. CuBz

Do you have the original size Xperia X10? If so you may be one of the lucky ones.
    On another note, my previous phone was a Nokia 5800, which is a very loud phone, so going from that to a phone with lower volume, may take some time for me to adjust to.

15. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

When you say 'original size Xperia X10' I assume you mean the proper X10 and not the X10 mini or mini pro?

Yes, it is the X10 (full size!).

16. bjack56

bjack56 Active Member

I found the X10 to be fairly quiet at first, I don't know if I've gotten used to it or found the "sweet spot" as suggested, but I'm happy with it now.

17. CuBz

I seem to be getting used to mine to, until I hear my girlfriends phone then I realise I low mine is lmao