LPP with CM6 Force Close issues

Last Updated:

1. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

since the latest stable, and now the 133 full, it seems like 5 or 6 times a day im getting LPP force closes. Anyone else getting this or know of a way to fix this? Could there be something Im doing to cause this? Just to clarify, it happens when trying to hit an icon, as well as when trying to close an app with the back button. In the past, I have hit the home button to exit out, but since made an attempt to change my habits, as it seems hitting home keeps the app running.

Advertisement
  2. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

Have you run Fix Permission in Rom manager ?

Cleared Cache?

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Also has your LP had a recent update that could be causing this issue, check the logs update of LP to see if something changed

4. chawski

Ill try fixing permissions. I have done it in the past but not sure how many updates ive done to lpp or cm6 since then, so hopefully that does the trick.

I know lpp is in the re-writing process so i hate to ditch it, but if this doesnt work, i think adw will be back in charge

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

LP rocks bro, you can install and later apk, one that was stable until you find the culprit, but fixing permissions may do the trick, also read the comments and see if anyone else is having this issue

6. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I would suggest reflashing 133 or a newer nightly. Make sure you wipe davlik cache and cache before flashing

7. chawski

i flashed 137, problem was still there. As always a cache and dalvik wipe. fixed permissions and it seems to have done the trick. Ill post in a few days if its still working well

MahaloCat and andygu3 like this.
  8. chawski

well it looks like im back to adw for a bit until the LPP update. its simply just not working. I dont know if its something im doing wrong, something wrong with my phone, or just something wrong, but i got 3 back to back FCs this morning

9. andygu3

Have you tried uninstalling LP and reinstalling? I would clear cache and data in manage applications, then uninstall. Reboot and redownload LP again, worth a try

chawski likes this.
  10. chawski

yea its worth a try. maybe ill give that a shot when i have a few days off later in the week. thanks for the advice

11. andygu3

Hope this works:)