Lte antenna problems maybeSupport

1. Nate12

Nate12 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I have a weird problem. When I test my lte speeds they are around 30 megs but when I try to stream video on YouTube or vevo it loads really fast for about half the video and then slows down to a crawl and I can't finish the video without exiting out and opening it back up, is it me or does it seem like I have a faulty phone, I have the s4 for tmobile

Advertisement
    :
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

What are you using to speed test? Is it an app that uses a large file or something that just does a 5 second quick fire? If it's quick, the speed test may not be lasting long enough to trigger throttling that T-Mo might be doing. Try doing a large file download with your browser and see if the speed is consistent or does it drop after some of the file is downloaded.
  3. Nate12

Nate12 Well-Known Member

I was using speedtest.net, I do use a huge amount of data, but I have unlimited and I just paid my bill and I'm on the new billing cycle
  4. Darnell0216

What I mean is, if you download a file that is say, 20MB, does it slow down after maybe 10 or 15mb? If so, there's a file size throttle. Comcast used to have it where any file under 20mb downloaded at full speed, but after that the download speed would be cut.

If the YouTube and Vevo videos are above a certain download size, it might be T-Mo's throttling your speed. In either case, contact them about it before blaming your phone since they do have throttling policies in general.
  5. Nate12

Nate12 Well-Known Member

Would they be honest though, that's the question lol
  6. Nate12

Nate12 Well-Known Member

Well it's confirmed t mobile sucks, apparently unlimited to them means 10 gigs
  7. Darnell0216

Glad you checked with them. Sucks that they are throttling you though.
  8. Nate12

Nate12 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help though bro
  9. Nate12

Nate12 Well-Known Member

Update, I have been talking to people that say it is truly unlimited so I called again and the rep assured me I wasn't being throttled, she disconnected me from the lte network then re connected me and we thought it solved the problem but it started happening again wth?!?!