LTE devices on the way...General

Last Updated:

1. Just a heads up for those looking at new phones: I was very tempted to get the Atrix 2 because of the great specs and price (49.99 w new contract), but I did some digging and it looks like around Thanksgiving AT&T will release some phones with LTE including the HTC Holiday. So if you're not in desperate need of a new phone, it's probably worth it to hold out.

2. Loriolus

Loriolus Well-Known Member

I think that we're only gonna see HTC Holiday this year that has LTE.
  3. 916x10

916x10 Well-Known Member

Isn't AT&T's LTE service in just 5 cities at the moment?
  4. giper54

giper54 Well-Known Member

Yes but at least you can use the H+ speed of the phone until lte comes to your city. I believe I have read that 15 cities will get AT&T lte by the years end. If you live in a s,all ci or far away from a major meteopolitan area I would probably wait too.
  5. Socrat3s

Socrat3s Well-Known Member

The atrix2 isn't slow though. Here in florida I'm getting up 9 down
  6. jimvit1

jimvit1 Active Member

At this time I would say just get any phone you want regardless if it has Lte or not. Give them a year or so to work the bugs out and get more area coverage before worrying about the LTE,
    Socrat3s likes this.
  7. ultra50

ultra50 Member

LTE is fast but my friends on Verizon who have lte phones say it eats up their data plans really fast if you use it alot. So LTE could be costly for heavy data users.
  8. jimvit1

jimvit1 Active Member

If your a tech junkie and just have ro have the latest and greatest devices then go fore the LTE phones and buy extra batteries and don't be suprised it you find they are haveing teething problens.. If you just want a great phone then get any phone that suits your fancy and wait for them to improve the batteries and LTE radios.
  9. 916x10

916x10 Well-Known Member

I'm much more concerned about ICS than LTE
  10. Freakshow999

Freakshow999 Active Member

I would bet it will be at least 2 years before at&t is able to roll out LTE effeciently. They haven't even rolled out their 4g properly with the caps they have on it. If they do the same caps with the LTE it will be pointless. The Atrix 2 is really fast compared to my iphone on all things concerned with the net. Plus the LTE phones that come out right now are going to be bigger because the chip hasn't been downsized yet. It's rumored that is why the Atrix 2 didn't come with LTE. If at&t took their caps off their mobile internet services I can't really see anyone needing anything more than 21 down on a phone!...