LTE versionGeneral

1. Mdraej99

Mdraej99 Well-Known Member

Are any of the US carriers going to have the LTE version? I am trying to look it up on line but I am going cross eyed looking at all the articles..lol

Advertisement
    :
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Verizon and T-Mobile are 4G LTE capable. Sprint is too, IF you live anywhere near a Sprint 4G area.
  3. Mdraej99

Ok ...but what is the difference in the tri band and single band phones?
  4. The_Chief

A tri-band phone is typically an international GSM device that has three sets of tuned radios in it, so that it can be used almost anywhere in the world. A single-band phone has one tuned radio, usually for a single carrier like Verizon.
    Mdraej99 likes this.
  5. Mdraej99

Oh ...okay. I thought Sprint was trying to sneak a fast one over on me. The EVO I have must only be single band too.
  6. Jocelyn84

Jocelyn84 Well-Known Member

Lol no no no, OP is taking about tri-band LTE. Sprint's G2, Galaxy Mega, and S4 Mini will all be able to use all three of their LTE bands, while the Note 3 can only use one.
    Mdraej99 likes this.
  7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Yeah, most of the carriers in the US have more than one LTE band. Verizon has band 13 for it's main and 4 as a secondary (though it hasn't been deployed yet). AT&T has band 17 as it's main and 4 for it's secondary. Sprint actually owns 3 bands. Band 25 is currently Sprint's main band, but they plan on rolling out LTE on bands 41 and 27(I think that's the correct number). T-Mobile only has band 4.
    Mdraej99 likes this.
  8. The_Chief

Forgive me then. I need to log off, in a lot of pain here following a procedure. Not in my right head :)
  9. Mdraej99

I hope you feel better soon...
    The_Chief likes this.
  10. Mdraej99

So are any of the Note 3 phones with the US carriers tri band?
  11. atrain311

atrain311 Well-Known Member

Take it easy, Chief. We'll be here when you return. Get well.
    The_Chief likes this.