Lucky for once, just maybe?

Last Updated:

1. RAINY

RAINY New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all it's RAINY! I'm new and unfamiliar to these forums but I'm gettig used to it :)
    anyways, I found a verizon droid phone at the movies this past week, and found the owner by looking through numbers. However, they had already ordered another droid (I guess if you report that you lost it, verizon sends another for 89.99 or something like that?). So for being a good person by returning the phone they offered me the phone for $100. Of course I bought it, but will there be any problems if I try to activate it? In other words, will verizon think I stole it or say I can't use it? Please reply and thanks!

Advertisement
  2. cdmta

cdmta Well-Known Member

If he files for a lost phone with assurion, you won't be able to activate. but try it at home first so they don't take it from you. I would also try this before you give him a cent, obviously. but, later on he still can report it.
    goodluck

3. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

When a phone is reported lost or stolen, the insurance company makes the esn un-activateable (I just made that word up). No one at Verizon can activate it for you. You just bought a $100 paperweight. Sorry. :(

4. cdmta

cdmta Well-Known Member

I have seen bad esn droids and eris' on ebay. worth a try.

5. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

As long as you list it as such. Someone's bound to want it for parts. I got a good buck for a LG Rumor with a crushed screen.