LumiRead PDF page goto?Support

1. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

From Page 50 of the PDF user manual in LumiRead, I want to go back to page 1. How do I do that, short of flipping through 50 pages manually? Is there a "go-to" command?

Advertisement
  2. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

Only way I know is to go use the menu button (bottom left of screen to right of navigation buttons) then tap the little arched arrow icon at top right of screen.
  3. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not seeing what you describe. While in LumiRead, reading the user manual PDF, if I tap on the menu button (looks like a sort of enclosed bookcase with 6 divisions) all I get is a menu opening at the bottom of the screen and it doesn't have any key that would get me back to previous pages. But I did come up with a work-around. I manually flipped back to the beginning and then made a bookmark where the Contents begins. So now I can use the bookmark access to get there.

There is another 'menu' access, which does have the curved arrow you describe, but it is actually a menu for the LumiRead app itself, and not for the PDF I an reading.
  4. kenji57

Yep, that's the one. And the second menu option from the left should be contents. If you tap that it will take you to the table of contents.

The workaround (bookmark page 1) will also work, but you have to remember to do that in every document.

The curved arrow doesn't work as I remember it, just tried it and it just takes you back from contents to where you were in the doc. Still, the contents should let you navigate through the doc pretty well.

For docs that don't have a table of contents it's no good though. Your work-around of bookmarking page 1 seems to be the only option in that situation
  5. kenji57

I thought it was strange that there didn't seem to be a way to navigate around when there's no table of contents and, when all else fails, read the instructions. So I did.

If you tap the screen quickly (the center of the screen works best, otherwise it just turns the page) with a document open, a shortcut bar with icons appears at the top of the screen and a bar with a slider shows at the bottom of the screen.
    You can drag the slider to move around in the doc.

Tap the screen again to hide the bars
  6. Sincity

Sincity New Member

Still researching which tablet (iPad or Android) to get. Does Lumiread show the cover page in the bookcase on pdfs like iRead? For example, I have the Mad Magazine collection in pdfs. On my iPhone, it shows the title of each magazine in the bookcase.
  7. kenji57

Sincity likes this.
  8. Sincity

Sincity New Member

I don't really care if it is a bookshelf or background. I would like the pdf cover displayed.