• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lurker Saying Hello

acrididae

Lurker
Dec 6, 2010
Hi,

I got my Moto Droid last year, and since then have been following this forum. I finally got around to registering and thought I'd say hi.

I'm a long time Ubuntu Linux user who recently sold his soul and got a Macbook Pro (I repented by setting up a dual boot with Ubuntu though).

I was particularly happy to see DoubleTwist's slick new wireless sync, and so now I can finally manage my music on my Macbook and sync to my phone.

My Droid has gotten pretty laggy though, especially after upgrading to Froyo. I'm considering upgrading to a Droid X, but my contract is up and I'm wondering if I should take the plunge now or later. I'm curious what's on the horizon that may be a better choice than the X.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones