1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Lurker with a question

1. turbomentor

turbomentor Well-Known Member

Hey all. Not been around this forum much as I have been on the Droid INC forum (and now on the Rezound forum). Love Android, rooting and all the cool capabilities it brings.

My Rezound has a great feature built in to it; the ability to print wirelessly directly from my device. Now I'd like to get that same capability for my wife's (currently non-rooted) Xoom.

Assuming I root her Xoom, if I download the JetCet.apk from my Rez to her Xoom, will it work in Honeycomb? Are there any other files I need to get off my phone in order to get this capability?

Thanks for the help and advice.

Advertisement
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hey turbomentor!

I'm not sure if you would be able to copy the apk from your phone to the tablet (I could easily be wrong though and am ready for someone to correct me ;)).

Just found a couple of possibilities for you though... it could be worth trying to install one of the free apps that I found before messing with trying to move the apk across.

Let us know if none of the apps in the link above work and we can see what else we can do for you! :)
  3. Paul1201

Paul1201 Well-Known Member

Have you checked the market for an app frm the printer manufacturer? I have a brother printer and use the brother app and it works pretty well.
  4. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

I have used PrinterShare Mobile Print to print to a wireless printer in the past. It was a free app on the Amazon App Store a little while back.