• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

brett1982

Mar 1, 2012
can someone help me with flashing i thought it would be simple but clearly not.

im using these instructions: EKEN Tablet PC,Car DVR Support Download Center

ive downloaded it to my pc unzipped it and i get the folder

"m009f" with sub folders

i put it onto a usb stick as my adaptor for micro sd that came today doesnt seem to work.
take it to my mrs tablet, as this one doesnt mount cards or sticks.. transfer it to the micro card on that. then take the micro card put it in mine and turn it on... nothing happened it started straight off..

what am i doing wrong??

the subfolders as as follows. maybe one of them are ment to be at the front. like a pc would require an exe for example..::

when opening the m009f folder i get two more folders they are:

Image folder
uboot folder

into the image one i get::

Gmac-30P folder
usbtoEth-5p folder

into Gmac-30p i get::

android folder

in there i get these:

ramdisk.img
system.img
uImage
update
userdata.img

backing up to the usbtoeth-5p folder and going down that route i get the same files....

backing all the way up to the uboot folder and going in that i ge the file::

u-boot-nand.bin

these are all the seen files in the folder. please help me with this..:thinking:

First: you need to determine if you have a real M009F or a fake (usually M010F). 30pin connector = M009F 24pin connector = Clone (called PITA model). Here is a download to a PDF with some instructions for flashing the M009F. It is rather unique for an Eken tablet as it uses burning tool software instead of the SD card method. Anyhow here is the link Flashing M009F.pdf WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING I recommend NOT using the u-boot-nand.bin option. Try flashing without it and you should be fine. Flashing the boot sector can brick your tablet. Speaking from experience on this. WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING If you have the M010F Pita (pain in the ass) model, go search around the techknow forums and you should find a post on how to flash that model. I think that method uses some .ius files I put up on my mediafire account. Good luck.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones