M110 Just more crap?

1. computergeek24

computergeek24 Active Member

Did anything happen worth updating or is it just more crap? Hopefully (but not likely) they created a security hole by accident.

Advertisement
  2. rjglenn

rjglenn Well-Known Member

All of the same crap plus some new crap. My phone *seems* to have less stutter and is not as laggy, but I've only had it installed for a couple of hours. Who knows? It's damn sure not rootable.

It includes the Emergency Alert app (PLAN) that the government is wanting smartphones to have. I'm quite sure FEMA doesn't want phone users to be able to remove that.
  3. gpsjunkie

gpsjunkie Active Member

What's the "factory reset added" that's mentioned in the pdf?
  4. rjglenn

I don't know, factory reset is where its always been
  5. tsp_2177

tsp_2177 Well-Known Member

So far so good with me. Still have my fingers crossed for root but we'll see. Is rather have a smooth running phone than waiting for a slim possibility of root.
  6. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

Can somebody run these commands & post the resulting text file
    Code:
    adb shell
    cd /system/bin/
    ls -l > /sdcard/bin-files.txt

7. elderlypunk

elderlypunk Well-Known Member

Here you go...

http://db.tt/5jvh4Vfa
  8. lgulseth

lgulseth Member

I also ran the ls and have a slightly different list.... To satisfy the powers that be, my 2nd post will contain the link....

Luther
    Casio Commando C771M100 :(
  9. lgulseth

lgulseth Member

As promised, here's the link:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/75794764/bin-files.txt

Luther
  10. elderlypunk

So, does anyone have any thoughts? I know precisely nothing about what was in the update, but my phone seems to be much more responsive!
  11. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

Thanks, got both the txt files, need to look 'em over now :D
  12. elderlypunk

Thanks, man. I was actually curious what people thought of the update just the way it is. Even if it's unrootable, the performance is way better than m100, unless I'm just nuts (which is always a possibility!)
  13. rjglenn

I'm seeing no where near the stutter and lag, and force closes, and reboots than I had with M100. You may be elderly, and you may be a punk, but you're not nuts - at least where this is concerned. Battery life is no better or worse which has always been a problem for me. My contract is up for renewal in July and I have my eye on the Motorola with the big battery. We will see.

There is one issue with this build though... I use PTT and after I use it the next incoming phone call will always be on speaker phone. Irritating.
  14. elderlypunk

Ugh. Drag... fortunately no one I know uses PTT, so it's a non issue here. That sounds like it would get even more aggravating the more it happened.
  15. tsp_2177

tsp_2177 Well-Known Member

Performance and battery life have been great for me. Working on 1 day and 8 hours of battery life and 38% battery left. With just a 5 minute charge on my car charger while I was making a phone call today.
  16. rjglenn

I live and.work in areas with less than stellar coverage so my phone spends some time searching for evdo service. When I disable data I get performance like you are describing, but then I have no email and the PTT doesnt work. Of.course if I change to that phone I won't have PTT either so its a quandary
  17. aceofheartless

aceofheartless New Member

Hello everybody! First post :)
    Anyway, I think I may have found out what "factory reset added" is all about, as I was going to try resetting my Commando today to maybe fix the phone app force closing. I uncovered the Verizon wireless page about factory resetting the phone, and I found a second method that involves holding a combination of buttons as the phone is shutting down. I'd post a link, but I can't yet :p
    It was the first result when I googled "casio commando hard reset"
  18. rjglenn

You will get the hard reset screen from powerup as well. There is a brief period (about two seconds) of red LED when powering up from off and if you perform the button presses then you will get the reset screen as well. Maybe somebody who knows what they are doing could find a use for this. Of course there is still the minor issue of not being able to root...
  19. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Would this be done from the stock recovery? Interesting. So the unrootable update has a way to get to recovery from boot, in a way.
  20. Spike G

Spike G Well-Known Member

has anyone with m100 tried

Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    Maybe they were that dumb....
  21. rjglenn

Nope, they're not. You get the little android guy and a triangle with an exclaimation mark and that's all.
  22. Spike G

Spike G Well-Known Member

hmm, i dont have access to m110 at the moment, but if i upgrade maybe i could study a logcat of the boot on this new reset feature...
  23. lgulseth

lgulseth Member

Can I provide the log for you? What steps do I go through to get the log for you?

Luther
  24. computergeek24

computergeek24 Active Member

i have m110 if anyone needs any logs or any help