• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

M835 driver?

puyow18

Android Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2011
Florida
Sorry for the noob question, but my friend senor google and I can't seem to find a driver to connect my phone to my pc. I've tried the Huawei website, but it only left me more confused. And yes, I did try just plugging it in to see if my computer would find the driver; no dice. The computer is win7 64bit if that helps. Any advice or links are much appreciated. Using terminal emulator on the phone is starting to raise the blood pressure to catastrophic levels; I need my adb shell :D

Reactions: sno0gans
Don't know if this will help or not, but when I connect my M835 to my Win7 machine, the first thing that shows up is "CD Drive E: Mobile Partner". It has 2 folders, "documents" and "drivers".

The "documents" folder has the M835 manual in English and Spanish. The "drivers" folder has 2 sub-folders, "adb_drivers" (32 and 64 bit appear to be there) and "usbnet_deriver_win2k_xp".

I used those ADB drivers on my phone when I rooted mine.

Here's the odd thing: The "usbnet" folder has nothing but a link to Microsoft's ActiveSync.....

Upvote 0
OK:

1. For when you plug in your phone, it should show a window that says "Mobile Partner"
2. Right-Click My Computer (Computer on Vista/7) and select Properties
3. on XP, go to the Hardware Tab and select Device Manager (Vista/7 just select Device Manager on the left)
4. Look for a other devices section and and see if the android shows up there, if it does, then right-click it and select "Update Driver" then No, not this me > Advanced < Manual Driver Search > Have Disk and look for the Mobile Partner partitions and go to drivers and the adb folder

It should work now :)

Reactions: starstress
Upvote 0
OK:

1. For when you plug in your phone, it should show a window that says &quot;Mobile Partner&quot;
2. Right-Click My Computer (Computer on Vista/7) and select Properties
3. on XP, go to the Hardware Tab and select Device Manager (Vista/7 just select Device Manager on the left)
4. Look for a other devices section and and see if the android shows up there, if it does, then right-click it and select &quot;Update Driver&quot; then No, not this me &gt; Advanced &lt; Manual Driver Search &gt; Have Disk and look for the Mobile Partner partitions and go to drivers and the adb folder

It should work now :)

Was there supposed to be a prompt giving me a choice. After I hit updte drivers it loaded something called adb interface, now in device manager it says android phone but still adb won't recognize it. Should I reboot computer?

Reactions: Angel215i
Upvote 0
Don't know if this will help or not, but when I connect my M835 to my Win7 machine, the first thing that shows up is "CD Drive E: Mobile Partner". It has 2 folders, "documents" and "drivers".

The "documents" folder has the M835 manual in English and Spanish. The "drivers" folder has 2 sub-folders, "adb_drivers" (32 and 64 bit appear to be there) and "usbnet_deriver_win2k_xp".

I used those ADB drivers on my phone when I rooted mine.

Here's the odd thing: The "usbnet" folder has nothing but a link to Microsoft's ActiveSync.....
Yeah, not quite sure what that does but it always appears..if you want to access the actual SD for the phone, you have to mount it, on your phone you should see the USB Connected icon then the option to "Mount", with the little droid sticking its arm up *or down, seen this its funny..* to your USB, press Mount and that should do the trick.

Upvote 0
I'm a total noob and need some help: there's two folders in my drivers folder off my phone, adbdriver; usbnet_driver_win2k_xp. I'm having an issue with my android adb interface adapter driver not being installed. I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit and I only see the driver's for 64-bit and i386 in my driver folder. Is that why I can't install it/update driver/etc. No matter how I try to do it it says failed. I downloaded it from the earlier post in this forum and that was 64-bit too. How the f*** am I supposed to do this?? It's starting to piss me off considering I just bought this phone and it's slow as all hell.

Attachments

• shit.jpg
    shit.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0
i gotta ?---
so all da comps in da house were wiped/reset n now when i plug in my m835, it reads as a friggin disc drive instead of having its own popup thingy in my devices. does the same for my mom's stock one as well as mine. it all USED to work b4 the wipe n now even after wiping the driver cache folders thing in the comp, it still installs as a damn disc drive.WTF am i doing wrong here? cuz now i cant even get adb or fastboot to recognize the fon:(
win vista 32 bit home comp/ vista 64 on da laptop...does it for both n i installed pdanet, etc n no dice...

Upvote 0
Hey guys I'm trying to install some text messaging software for my Huawei M835 but it keeps telling me mobile drivers aren't installed. I tried watching videos online and get them using driver max and another way putting my phone on manufactuer mode but no luck. I called the manufactuere for the phone and they told me to take mass storage mode off and the drivers are automatically in the phone so I don't know what to do. If anyone has the Huawei M835 could you download the demo and see if it works on your computer ? You can find the software here sendgroupsms(dot)com or could you give me any help ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones