M835 Overclocking

Last Updated:

1. Vyrus69

Vyrus69 Well-Known Member

I have my wife's m835 rooted and I also have removed the majority of the bloatware that she doesn't need, and the phone already feels like its going faster, but I want to try and speed it up a little more.

Anyone know the best app to overclock?

Also I've tried downloading a couple of games onto her phone, namely Scrabble Free, but when it pulls up on the screen it doesn't fit itself to the screen and is much bigger. Anyone else have this issue?

tomgriego1376 likes this.
  2. mystifire2

mystifire2 Well-Known Member

Before you can overclock a phone you need a kernel that supports setting the CPU frequency
  3. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

At this point you can only use a CPU manager to UNDERCLOCK the phone, which saves battery if done correctly. Try cpuboost or similar.

The app problem is due to an app that doesn't support the phones tiny resolution.
  4. Apathy

Apathy Member

5. starxpilot

starxpilot Well-Known Member

O they be hating on the wee midget screens.

Pathetic. But understandable, when I first saw the phone, I too thought it was too tiny for BIG Apps. *No offense intended for...you know.*

There's only so much one can scroll, my friend has to squint to see text at times...Terms of Service text has become 20/20 hell.
  6. dayoungoutlaw

dayoungoutlaw Member

7. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

8. starxpilot

More like once in a life time...>_>

The Hardware isn't the same, might be similar but if its not dead on, don't do it.

This stupid phone's giving me a headache. [​IMG]
  9. Vyrus69

Vyrus69 Well-Known Member

I wonder if maybe the screen on the phone does support a higher resolution but they just have it lower since this is a budget phone
  10. starxpilot

Well, its not really that big, best to not test it unless you got another M835 around.

I think it was made over the 'small' trend that took off due to Apple. Regardless, can't wait to see something from Huawei that I can actually love more than my Ascend.
  11. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

partly correct, to overclock you need a custom kernel with overclocking added to it.