• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help M8S Box Time Date update problem

Driving me crazy!!!! android version 4.2.2 Have reset everything from start. Reinstalled. Have checked "automatic date time from network" checkbox. Done just about everything I can think of. Every time I shut off the box it resets date to 1970/1974/2011....... I have set the time and date to manual, good until turn off box then no change....
It is a pain in the a** to reset the time and date manually every time I turn on the box. I have searched and searched and searched forums etc and have no solution...... arghhhhh can anyone help????

Yes, when I turn off my box off at the mains it re-sets to a date like yours does...
Once the device fully powers up and Kodi is turned on it usually finds the time and automatically adjusts.

You maybe being a bit impatient... try waiting a few minutes while the box 'warms up'!

If it never updates the time and date automatically (and you are connected to the internet) then your software/firmware has a problem.

The only answer is to leave it on all the time! Fiddling around with the firmware, etc, is risky and will end up doing more harm than good!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones