mabilo gone???Support

Last Updated:

1. Pazzo

Pazzo Member This Topic's Starter

As of today I was using Mabilo ringtone app. on my Dinc. I just got my NEW (replacement) Dinc and had to switch. I went to Vzw did my switch came home to reset my ringtones and Mabilo was gone from the market!!:(

Can someone give me some insight as to what happened and also what ringtone app comes close to mabilo?? I liked them alot!

Advertisement
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

zedge is alright for ring tones doesn't have quite as many as mabilo

3. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

EDIT: Sorry, I misread the name of the app. Here is a download link:

4. Pazzo

Thank you for your help, but it downloads and then I get a response from the phone that says !Sorry... the application updater has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again! force close!

which i did 4 times!!! Since I am a total NEWBIE...not sure if this is a phone issue or a mabilo issue and this is my second DInc.... so hoping its not a phone issue AGAIN!

5. upther

upther Well-Known Member

That's strange. I just got an update to the app last week. Won't be uninstalling this one.

They don't say anything on their FB page but it looks like Google has listed their website as an attack page. That could be why it isn't in the Market anymore.

6. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

Yes , it seems to be listed as attack page on several watchdog sites, (spam and malware) enough for me to uninstall and remove back-ups of it.
    If it turns out that mabilo was the victim , I'll re-install

7. Pazzo

Thank you guys....I think Im gonna sit this one out. Im sure if Mabilo is the victim, they'll straighten it out shortly. ....and yes, my computer flagged the site too!

Thanks!

8. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Made a post on their FB wall and this was the response I got.

Mabilo Content Google removed our Ringtone app from the market. We are investigating the reasons behind that action as we speak. In the mean time, you can download the app from our website at Mabilo Ringtones for Android

9. D1RTY R1CE

D1RTY R1CE Member

I downloaded the mabilo onto my computer, how do I transfer it to my phone?

10. upther

upther Well-Known Member

1. Get the Dropbox app and account and transfer it that way.

2. Plug your phone into your computer and transfer the app then use Astro to search for it and install it.

11. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

you didnt say when you dl it, but prob be a good idea to run it through your malware apps , while it is on your pc

12. D1RTY R1CE

D1RTY R1CE Member

Got it installed, thanks!

13. tinkertron

tinkertron Well-Known Member

Just received an email today that Mabilo is back on the market.

14. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Thank you for bringing the illicit links here to my attention, tinkertron, they've been removed.

App links are righteous when from trusted developer sites - Market, AppBrain, XDA, the developer's website and so forth.

Links to private dropboxes without attribution violate copyright infringement terms and leave our site at risk for legal repercussions.

It doesn't matter if the app is free to end-users - freedom of distribution is a different legal matter entirely. Only public-domain apps (example, permission given on the dev's website or from the AOSP) avoid this rule.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your site, too - please keep it safe from the copyright lawyers. They are out in force and they mean business.

While it often seems that staff is being personal or over-reacting or being harsh, we're really not that way at all. We are simply on a mission to have our site protected from DCMA site shutdowns - and please believe me - that sort of thing is on the rise, it's not something we make up for fun.

We didn't invent this legal tune - but we are compelled to dance to it.

Cheers, thanks a lot.

alostpacket likes this.