• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] MAC address of LTE radio/modem

joweaver88

Lurker
Jul 24, 2013
So I have an app I am testing that requires connecting to a server for authentication. This app is in alpha and the authentication is based on the device's MAC address. Eventually it will be an account based authentication system but right now this is the way it works and there is no way around it... I am not a developer or a programmer, I am an IT person so I can't exactly sit down and write up a new way of doing this.

Generally we have been testing our connection to the system via WiFi and USB ethernet dongles which are easy to get the MAC address for. Now I have been tasked with testing the system using 4g LTE.

I have a T-Mobile HTC One that is rooted (although that shouldn't matter) and I need to know how to locate the mac address for the LTE modem. I looked under "Settings > About > hardware" but all I see is the MAC for the WiFi and Bluetooth radios.

Does anyone know a way to locate this info?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones