Mac Computer trying to Convert iTunes Video to Play on Android

Last Updated:

1. jake1993

jake1993 Member

I have a mac and I need an application that can convert my iTunes video into a format that I can transfer to my Galaxy S 3 or Google Nexus 7

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

AFAIK there's no legal way to convert iTunes Store movies. There might be some other illegal methods, but it's against forum rules to discuss them here sorry.

Basically the iTunes DRM(Digital Restrictions Management) restricts them to iTunes and iOS only.
  3. jjrx3

jjrx3 Well-Known Member

yeah unfortunately there is not way to do so. You can only copy your music without having to export them to mp3.
  4. Jetmerritt

Jetmerritt Well-Known Member

I think that someone should make a LEGAL workaround where you can at least stream from a desktop like an iMac to an android device through wifi.

Sometimes I like watching movies on my Note 10.1 in bed, but all my itunes movies are on my iMac upstairs...:mad:
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

IANAL but the DMCA(Digital Mellenium Copyright Act) makes it a criminal offence for anyone to, or attempt to circumvent or defeat DRM copy protection. As Phandroid is based in the United States and is subject to US laws, it would be illegal to discuss bypassing DRM here, and it's against forum rules to discuss illegal activities.

I'm in China myself, let's just say I do my own things. :rolleyes:
  6. Jetmerritt

Was that directed at me?
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Partly, and I intended as general information for the thread. Again IANAL but due to the DMCA it would be impossible to make a legal way of defeating and removing DRM in the United States. It's also illegal to tell anyone how to do it as well.

I think there was some exception recommended by the MPAA for educational and academic uses only. Which basically involved placing a camcorder on a tripod in front of the monitor or TV, :rolleyes: i.e. the analog hole.
  8. Jetmerritt

Actually I guess even in the round about work around in my head, it probably still ends up being illegal.

Bummer.

I can legally say I am totally bummed I spent all that money with Apple on iTunes. I never read the 187page EULA, I mean, who does... I never knew how bad it was until I tried to leave apple's playground.
    :(
  9. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

That's thoughtcrime. I don't think they've quite got there yet, even in the PRC, but who knows?

That's why DRM is often known as Digital Restrictions Management, you have no "Rights" with it at all.

The lengthy iTunes EULA also tells you that you can't use iTunes for "the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons."

FYI.. :)
    We oppose DRM. | Defective by Design
  10. Jetmerritt

What really gets me is that DRM is like gun control laws. The criminals don't obey them so they only punish the good guys...
    I HONESTLY don't pirate content, DRM drives me crazy, but my buddy steals everything off pirate Bay or whatever with no troubles. He thinks he'll never get caught. I however have a conscience.
  11. Jetmerritt

No way! That's hilarious...
  12. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Here in China, we can't legally buy downloaded copyrighted TV shows and movies online at all. The iTunes Store in China doesn't have them, and no music either. But I can download, watch and show my students for educational purposes, pretty much anything I like.