Mac mail on Desire HDSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jezil1

Jezil1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

You're all so brilliant and spelling things out and I've read the thread... it seems you need gmail to make things work.

I currently use a Mac (leopard) and use MacMail. Can I receive that on the desire HD? If so, how do I set it up?

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums!

HTC Desire HD - Adding a POP3/IMAP email account

I believe you'll find that the .mac and .me server info is already known, so setup _should_ be easy - username and password and you're done.

I use the Mail app on my phone to manage all of my mail accounts (including Gmail and MM) - much as you would Mail on your Mac - we still don't get the single integrated inbox like on a Mac - but all that means is you have an extra tap or two to do go between accounts/inboxes.

Jezil1 likes this.
  3. Jezil1

Jezil1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Many thanks for that advice. Unfortunately I can't source a Htc HD in Melbourne so am stuck with buying a cheap LG Optimus for the time being. Do the specs still work to connect to Macs on that phone (or don't you know?)

4. pandj

pandj Member

Jezil1 there are plenty of HTC Desire hd handsets in melbourne look on ebay you can buy them there new and unlocked ,or call vodafone they have plenty in stock !!!!!!

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

What I'm describing is pretty much standard Android. If the email client they give you on the LG doesn't behave as I mentioned, again, you can do it with the free aftermarket K-9 mail app.

With the bigger fancy phones, you get more memory to load more apps at once, and it'll run faster, and have more bells and whistles - but Android is pretty much Android, and you should have very, very little problem with your Mac Mail with it.