Macbook Desire Wifi Help?

Last Updated:

1. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am having trouble connecting up my Desire to my Macbook to make use of my USB Modem via WIFI. I have the USB modem connected to laptop and on the Net. Wifi active on Laptop and phone. Set laptop for Internet sharing from Modem to Wifi. All seems good, but my Desire just keeps telling me "obtaining address" I have tried setting it to static, Removing all Key's , different channels, but my desire is just not connecting. Keep getting "Failed". Driving me insane. Does not seem very keen to work on my Windows 7 Side either.

Advertisement
  2. Eugene's Mac

Never mind. would battle with it for 2 days to total annoyance, but trust to put my problem on the forum only to resolve the issue 2 minutes later. Cheers.

3. cunning plan

cunning plan Well-Known Member

4. px2

px2 Member

I too would be very interested, I've tried PDAnet with my mac using the usb tether, and it seems to make my keyboard go mad.

5. Eugene's Mac

Block all incoming connections was Selected on my firewall. unticked it and immediately connected.

6. cunning plan

cunning plan Well-Known Member

Ar interesting.

Getting the net to work with the USB / 'share internet connection' setting may always be hassle to set up. My phone upgraded to 2.2 Froyo and it has 'Wi-Fi Hotspot' included which basically turns your phone into a router that any computer can 'connect' to through wireless just like a normal router - uber cool.

7. slippyr4

slippyr4 Member

similar, but different:-

my desire now with froyo, when i run the wifi hotspot app, my macbook is unable to connect - it always times out, irrespective of whether i go with WPA, WEP or even unsecured. anyone else have this?