Macbook + HTC Desire??

Last Updated:

1. Blackmore

Blackmore Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there,
    I'm aware there have been other threads about this topic and although I have read through them I still have no idea where to start when it comes to syncing my Desire to my Macbook. I just want to put my music on my phone! :(
    I'll have to apologize in advance for not being too tech savvy. So please bare with me. :p
    I have no idea where to start.

Please.... Help? :)

It would be greatly appreciated,
    -Sarah B.

Advertisement
  2. Blackmore

please lord help me hahaha
    i am helpless :(

3. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Well a few are out there but Double twist and Salling media come to mind,just download follow the steps,on your phone when your ready to transfer data make sure usb debugging is on.

4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

The good thing about Android is that its entirely independent from your PC. So any computer that can use USB flash drives had support for Android. Unfortunately you have found the weakness to this approach. There is no built-in way to sync videos or music with your PC, at least not nearly as easily as it would be with an iPod.

All I do is just go through my songs and drag them over. It takes a LOT of time initially. But once its done, you don't have to worry about it again, and just drag a song or two over when you get more songs.

5. HoldenCaufield

HoldenCaufield Well-Known Member

I got isyncr. Its a paid app and it worked really well. I haven't tried doubletwist. I heard it was really slow.
    I'm waiting for Songbird to come. Then I can be done with itunes. I don't have a problem with it per se, but I know there's better stuff out there.

6. sudkcoce

sudkcoce Well-Known Member

The easiest, and for me the most comfortable, way to do this is:
    1) mount the phone (connect via USB and select "disk mode" or similar
    1.5) open the phone mounted drive and create a folder for music
    2) open iTunes
    3) drag/drop anything _directly_ from iTunes to Finder window that contains the phone mount to the folder that you use for music... So if you want to drag an entire playlist, select it in iTunes, select all songs (CMD+a) and drag/drop

Easy and no software needed...

Don't forget to EJECT the phone mounted disk before unplugging!!

7. Blackmore

thank you so much everyone!
    -sarah