Machine Shop and IncredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. KREWzer

KREWzer Member This Topic's Starter

I'm in need of some advise. I love my incredible. But... I keep it in my front pocket all the time. Not a problem for most people but i work in a machine shop. I have uniforms and they tend to get tiny steel shavings in the pockets. The incredible likes to clean the shavings from my pockets with the ear piece and external speaker.:( I think I have figured out a way to take care of the external speaker with some sort of thin cloth between the speaker and back cover. But I'm not sure how to fix the problem with the ear piece. I hate to put a piece of tape or something on the face of a $550.00 phone. I'm going to try some sort of thin sleve to slide it in before I put it in my pocket @ work.

Advertisement
  2. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I work in construction and it hard to keep this device clean and out of harms way. I am seriously thinking about going back to my pearl flip but I love my Dinc its a hard decision.

3. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Well-Known Member

Get the nexus one sleeve. Someone posted it on the forum somewhere. Do a search. Should solve your problem.

4. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member

Worked in construction and then logging. Cell phones get beat up in those occupations. In logging I just left it in the truck... can't really talk on the phone then anyway.

I think the slip case is the best bet. It would be a little bit of a pain to slide the phone out of your pocket and then out of the case, but what can you do.

5. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

How about a plastic sandwich bag (ziplock)? It's cheap and would keep all the debris away from the phone. Plus you might be able to still use the touchscreen through the plastic bag.

6. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

Is there an Otterbox case available for the Inc yet? That would be the best solution I would think.

7. hupkix

hupkix Active Member

8. mikeydingo

mikeydingo Well-Known Member