Macro & Fish Eye Lens for Evo!Accessories

1. Synthetickiller

Synthetickiller Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. bunnymud

bunnymud Well-Known Member

I have the fisheye for my Harinezumi camera. You have to be pretty careful sticking on the metal ring, so it doesn't get in the way of the lens
  3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

didnt know these lenses existed for phones.. thx.. picking up both..
  4. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

i will like to hear details before buying. hopefully some of you can chime in before i hit the buy button
  5. bunnymud

It is a quite well made lens. It works by sticking a thin metal washer type ring round the lens of the camera, to which the lens attaches to the ring by a magnet. You get some great effects with these lenses but like I said above, you have to make sure the sticky metal ring does not get in the way of the lens or you will get a massive vignetting effect
  6. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

I'll hold out on purchasing till I see other people test them out on their EVO's and see the quality of the pictures.
  7. MyFishWagon

MyFishWagon Well-Known Member

+1

$20 for a fisheye lens is a heck of a deal
  8. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

I'm very interested in the macro lens. Can't wait to see how it works out for y'all so I can decide if I want one. :)
  9. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

Very interesting if anyone is willing too see how well they work please post back and let rest of us know.
  10. osteology

osteology Member

Interesting - does anyone think that the metal ring that is attached to the camera might be the solution for the flush camera lens?
  11. bunnymud

Naw....the ring is small....like 3/8ths small.
  12. MyHTCevo

MyHTCevo Well-Known Member

Does the metal ring actually have to be glued on? Is it all magnetic? Don't want to be going all Arts and Crafts on my new Evo!
  13. Wynder

Wynder Active Member

You don't actually want to think of it as a macro lens... the "macro" simply means that it's able to focus on an object at fairly close distances -- it's primary purpose is that of a wide angle, actually "zooming out" what you would normally see to fit more into the frame.

Macro lenses are often prime or zoom lenses to allow photographers to get closer to their subject.
  14. marctronixx

once the other lens gets in stock im buying! if no one else posts on it.. i sure will... diidnt know this existed... pretty cool... although i do wonder how the barrel of the lens will effect the led flash! i also wonder if the lenses are fast or slow.... wont know until i try... :D
  15. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

Fast or slow? They are a piece of glass that you attach to a cellphone camera, so they are as fast as the speed of light...

And to be honest if I saw someone using one of these things I would probably laugh myself to death, it's a cellphone guys not a DSLR. Buy yourself a cheap used point and shoot if you want decent photos, would be much better than an EVO. But to each their own.
  16. LS1

LS1 Well-Known Member

Fast/Slow are photography terms. Fast lenses let in a lot of light, and allow for a shorter exposure, slow lenses are the opposite.
    reallynotnick likes this.
  17. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

My mistake for some reason I was thinking about focusing and shutter lag, reading way too many EVO reviews... :D
  18. Synthetickiller

Synthetickiller Well-Known Member

I am considering the macro for taking pics when I would NOT like to carry my evo and a camera, but need a macro shot or something. I randomly have a need for it, so this would help me out if it is actually a good lens.
  19. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Very good find. I'll add it to the "All Forum Links" thread.

I'll be getting one myself. It will sure make the EVO more unique. I can see my friends now. What the hell is that. That my friends is the Home Land Security camera. lol

TS
    marctronixx likes this.
  20. bunnymud

The metal ring is quite tacky on one side. No glue involved...and mine, at least, came with an extra ring
  21. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

I do believe that these nothing more than a piece of plastic and a piece of glass, no moving parts.
    So that would not apply.
  22. RagingSamster

RagingSamster Well-Known Member

If you check out the other stuff offered at the store - this website seems to me to be the "monoprice.com" of cel phone accessories - how can they sell the stuff at those prices?
  23. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

For the fisheye you could just use the FX Camera app rather than spending $20 to accomplish the same thing.
  24. marctronixx

im old school and prefer in camera techniques as opposed to software.. plus, as TS said.. it makes the evo a little more unique..

thanks to the poster who stated what i meant about the lenses.. i have a pretty good digital still camera that i carry with me as well...

25. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

anyone explain what value there is to these lenses?