• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Macro & Fish Eye Lens for Evo!

Synthetickiller

May 13, 2010
I came across these two lenses you can attach to your evo (or other smart phone).

39924a.jpg

HTC Evo 4G Magnet Mount Conversion Lens, FREE Shipping, HTC Evo 4G PHONE Magnet Mount Conversion Lens

39925a.jpg

HTC Evo 4G Fish Eye Lens FE-50, FREE Shipping, HTC Evo 4G PHONE Fish Eye Lens FE-50

I might have to pick up that macro lens. If it works out, the fish eye looks fun!

$20 isn't really that much to drop for something like this. :D

It is a quite well made lens. It works by sticking a thin metal washer type ring round the lens of the camera, to which the lens attaches to the ring by a magnet. You get some great effects with these lenses but like I said above, you have to make sure the sticky metal ring does not get in the way of the lens or you will get a massive vignetting effect

Upvote 0
You don't actually want to think of it as a macro lens... the "macro" simply means that it's able to focus on an object at fairly close distances -- it's primary purpose is that of a wide angle, actually "zooming out" what you would normally see to fit more into the frame.

Macro lenses are often prime or zoom lenses to allow photographers to get closer to their subject.

Upvote 0
i also wonder if the lenses are fast or slow.... wont know until i try... :D

Fast or slow? They are a piece of glass that you attach to a cellphone camera, so they are as fast as the speed of light...

And to be honest if I saw someone using one of these things I would probably laugh myself to death, it's a cellphone guys not a DSLR. Buy yourself a cheap used point and shoot if you want decent photos, would be much better than an EVO. But to each their own.

Upvote 0
Fast or slow? They are a piece of glass that you attach to a cellphone camera, so they are as fast as the speed of light...

And to be honest if I saw someone using one of these things I would probably laugh myself to death, it's a cellphone guys not a DSLR. Buy yourself a cheap used point and shoot if you want decent photos, would be much better than an EVO. But to each their own.

Fast/Slow are photography terms. Fast lenses let in a lot of light, and allow for a shorter exposure, slow lenses are the opposite.

Reactions: reallynotnick
Upvote 0
im old school and prefer in camera techniques as opposed to software.. plus, as TS said.. it makes the evo a little more unique..

thanks to the poster who stated what i meant about the lenses.. i have a pretty good digital still camera that i carry with me as well...

For the fisheye you could just use the FX Camera app rather than spending $20 to accomplish the same thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones