• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MADE IN KOREA...original or not?

im wondering too since i talked with the seller...ya its work...app,camera...etc..but im shocked after the seller say my phone was not original...and he show the mark..galaxy tab also have the same problem..problem with the battery and the phone are easy to get problem....and he show me the phone label which not have samsung verified...owwwhhhh im so confius...y fake??? anobody can have me xplen about this...pless...

Upvote 0
I think you are over-reacting to what someone who probably knows a lot less than they claim says.

It is completely implausible that any manufacturer could produce a clone of a top of the range phone (in fact, the most powerful phone on release at the moment) within a month of its being available.

Samsung is one of the world's largest companies and will have spent a fortune developing this phone. It simply is not possible that another, much smaller company could have copied it in the time they have had. In fact, I don't believe it would be possible ever.

If your phone does what you would expect, and looks well made, there is absolutely no way it could be a fake. This is a fuss about nothing. I have also searched for "Samsung Galaxy S II" fake on Google and there were no references that I could see on the net to fakes.

However, if you are daft enough to believe this, contact Samsung and ask them.

Reactions: aizawa
Upvote 0
hi...do u already check my phone...?
From what you have posted aizawa I believe your Samsung Galaxy SII to be genuine.

Your firmware codes are genuine.

As for the allegation by the mobile shop seller that your phone is not genuine because it says, "Made in Korea by Samsung" is ridiculous as my genuine Samsung Galaxy SII says exactly that on the sticker under the battery.

Please see attached photograph:-

Attachments

• Samsung label.jpg
    Samsung label.jpg
    897.6 KB · Views: 3,002
Upvote 0
tq all for the explenation...i really appreciate it..tqvm...now im happy :) actually today i make a call to samsung center..and they say my phone is original but it from korea...everythings are original..not fake..mybe i have to learn much more from this forum...really useful..thank again all frens

Upvote 0
Guys it is imposible there is No manufacturer that can produce anything close to SGS II which we don't know as a brand name (Nokia, Blackberry, Samsung, Iphone and etc) .

I have seen people with "no brand" devices which are ridiculous looking with 15 sim cards and few functions.

No one can make SGS II looking device without you realizing the difference after 3 sec of holding it.

SO don't worry it is "original" although this word has lost its value and meaning in the last 10 years.

Upvote 0
It doesn't make any difference what it says.

As has been stated several times in this thread, it just isn't possible that any organisation could have made a clone of the SGS2 that could fool a baby for more than a few seconds.

If it looks OK and works, it's not a fake no matter what it says on the battery or anywhere else on the phone.

Just stop and think about it for a minute. How could some little operation in China possible reproduce what one of the world's largest companies has produced and a world leading phone? It is totally implausible.

Your phone is NOT a fake.

Upvote 0
It doesn't make any difference what it says.

As has been stated several times in this thread, it just isn't possible that any organisation could have made a clone of the SGS2 that could fool a baby for more than a few seconds.

If it looks OK and works, it's not a fake no matter what it says on the battery or anywhere else on the phone.

Just stop and think about it for a minute. How could some little operation in China possible reproduce what one of the world's largest companies has produced and a world leading phone? It is totally implausible.

Your phone is NOT a fake.

Are you sure?

Here Are The Top Ten Chinese iPhone Knockoffs | TheTechJournal.com

Fake iPhones: China's knock-off mobile phones copy, then innovate - iPod/iPhone - Macworld UK

YouTube - ‪Chinese N95 Cell Phone‬‏

Upvote 0
i will post some pictures soon. In the meantime that video of the Nokia n95 made me believe that making unauthentic phones is possible. I shouldn't have bought it online, i spent almost 8 bills and now i feel bad.
The phone runs great but i feel something is missing...any ideas that might help here, that would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

I followed the links and it certainly looked like these phones, which were produced some time (not a month) after the original was released would not pass any sort of examination.

Of course I cannot be absolutely sure but I'd bet £100 on it in a heartbeat. Would you like to take me up on the offer ;-).

Upvote 0
I followed the links and it certainly looked like these phones, which were produced some time (not a month) after the original was released would not pass any sort of examination.

Of course I cannot be absolutely sure but I'd bet £100 on it in a heartbeat. Would you like to take me up on the offer ;-).

Yes, I would! :D

I'm sorry... but these were the statements I was questioning the accuracy of...

"it just isn't possible that any organisation could have made a clone of the SGS2 that could fool a baby for more than a few seconds."

"If it looks OK and works, it's not a fake no matter what it says on the battery or anywhere else on the phone."

"How could some little operation in China possible reproduce what one of the world's largest companies has produced and a world leading phone? It is totally implausible."

So you agree that it is both possible and plausible and are now questioning the time scale.

Lets bear in mind that the real Samsung Galaxy SII was first released on the 28th April 2011, that's over 10 weeks ago. See here:-

Samsung Galaxy S2 Release Dates

You may regret your very generous offer of

Upvote 0
Fwiw, there were Chinese copies of the HTC Hero (the GSM version complete with famous 'chin') appearing within a month or two of its release. These wouldn't have passed close inspection by an experienced Android user but glossy web sites, impressive-sounding feature lists and low prices attracted a number of first-time buyers.

It wasn't enjoyable breaking the news to them that their shiny new Android handset was actually a lame duck with inferior hardware and no hope of any update path. :(

Upvote 0
here u go, hope this helps.

To my untutored eye those look like photos of the genuine article. Compared to my own here the texture of the back cover, the size/colour of the lettering and the trim details look identical. The PDA/CSC combo you posted earlier also tallies with an official Samsung firmware so I reckon you can breathe easy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones