Last Updated:

1. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

There are a number of threads on the subject of rooting the SGSII here:-

Galaxy S2 - All Things Root - Android Forums

In particular, slug's thread is very useful for beginners:-

A step-by-step guide is given here:-

[29.06.2011][CF-Root v4.0] KE2/7/8, KF1/2/3/4 - su+bb+CWM4 - xda-developers

For the slightly more adventurous, there's this thread with more ROM's and kernel's:-

[ROM + Guide]Official i9100 KE7/KE8/KF1/KF3/KF4/KF2/KF3 download and Root Guide. - xda-developers

There is a set of video's on YouTube that takes you through the rooting process. Starting with video 1 here:-

YouTube - ‪How To Root The Samsung Galaxy S II - Part 1‬‏

The key to rooting your phone is to read... and re-read... the instructions until they are clear in your own mind.

Be advised that rooting can void your phones warranty.

Hope this helps. :D

(P.S. You haven't seen lotus49 have you?)

2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Thanks, but I can't take credit for it. All I did was put info already available in other threads into an more easily digested format. :)
  3. ironass

You're too modest slug!

I'm sure you, and a lot of other forum members, have spent hours, sometimes, trawling through different websites, forums and Googling, just to garner all the information that they need... I know I have in the past.

Therefore it is very helpful when someone, like yourself, takes the time and trouble to put together everything in one place and update it.

It means that other forum members have a point of reference to refer to, not only for themselves but to other members who may have queries... as just happened.

So, credit where credit is due... thanks slug! :D

(P.S. You haven't seen lotus49 have you? :))
  4. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I'm here, I've been away for a few days.

However, I was betting that the OP's phone was genuine and since you seem to agree, wouldn't you owe me the
  5. Slug

The whole ethos of Android Forums is to share information and experience, so if anyone comes across something that they feel will benefit others, it makes good sense to keep it all together. Why reinvent the wheel, or make others suffer as we did? :)
    linuxrich likes this.
  6. ironass

7. lotus49

I'm still not convinced.

I did read/watch all (or most) of your links and what they all seemed to say is that it is possible to produce something that looks roughly like the real thing but none of them claimed that any of these knock-offs would pass a proper inspection.

Did I miss something?
  8. ironass

It would seem so... :D

1. Not everyone has your in-depth knowledge of all newly released handsets, particularly if they are on sale prior to release in whatever country the buyer is living in.

2. Once you have been attracted by the slick and glossy advertising on some website and paid your money, only to discover that upon receipt that your phone is counterfeit it is too late to get your money back as I don't believe that any of the companies offering such phones give a money back guarantee. So even if it does not pass an initial inspection... it's too late.

3. Make no mistake, counterfeit phone manufacturing is big business in some parts of the world with millions of phones being manufactured.
    Common sense dictates that if there was no money in this counterfeit market then it would not exist.

4. At no point have I said that the phones would have to pass in-depth scrutiny, as by the time you have parted with your cash... it's too late.

5. There is also the part of this market that caters to those who cannot afford a high end smartphone and will knowingly buy a counterfeit phone instead. These are openly on sale in shops and markets in some countries where perhaps the local Trading Standards regulations are not as stringent as they could be... if at all.

6. So rife is this trade that even eBay offers warnings on the subject. See here:-

"Summary It can be very difficult spotting these fake phones on eBay."

Some of the fakes can be fairly convincing to the untrained eye. Here are just a couple of examples from many that appear on YouTube:-

YouTube - ‪Fake vs Real iPhone 4‬‏

YouTube - ‪ - Fake Nokia N8 - Chinese Version - Absolutely Amazing‬‏

To quote your earlier post...

"If it looks OK and works, it's not a fake no matter what it says on the battery or anywhere else on the phone."

I don't think you? :D
  9. lotus49

But this is all I have ever claimed. The whole context of this discussion is that the OP already has his phone and has looked at it carefully. Given that the OP clearly didn't have any problem with the phone other than a label, his phone has passed an in-depth inspection.

We are talking about a phone that the OP already has in his hands so yes I do.
  10. grumble56

grumble56 New Member

Its easy to spot a fake iPhone 4, if you can make a reliable voice call then its obviously a fake :D
    Sorry, I'll get me coat on the way out....
  11. DarkForceX

DarkForceX New Member

Dear i have the same MADE IN Korea eticket i entered the same code to my samsung galaxy s 2, and it says:

PDA: I9100XWKF1

PHONE: I9100XXKE7

CSC: I9100OJVKE4

Build Info: SatJun 4 18:09:49 KST 2011

I hope that my edition of SGS2 is also genuine for your opinion.
  12. Slug

Looks fine to me. What makes you think that it might not be? ;)
  13. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I just skimmed the thread. Run a cfbench and then a quadrant benchmark. I bet my ass that if it was a fake quadrant wouldn't say under system info that your phone has an ARMv7 processor rev 1 and cfbench wouldn't mention gti9100 5 or 6 times.
  14. Sixel

Sixel Well-Known Member

It is easy to spot a fake, even the best fake iPhones, and trust me my country harbors a lot of counterfeit phones, and no one can even match the genuine.

So I hardly doubt that anyone can make a very convincing gake GS2s

My friend has bought the same type of phone and has similar to the OP's yet he bought it at the Samsung store.

For reference mine says

PDA: I9100DXKI2
    PHONE: I9100DXKI1
    CSC: I9100OLCKH1
  15. priscillaxd

priscillaxd New Member

Hey I did that with my phone and it says unable to process
  16. tijovjs

tijovjs Member

How can i check my s2 made? bcos it simply written made by samsung..
  17. Slug

There should be a label inside the battery compartment with details. There are also posts further back in the thread detailing other things to look out for.
  18. caloyzki

caloyzki Well-Known Member

hello guys, i have samsung galaxy s2 Ig-19100 and when i looked at back it says made in china / made in china. is my phone legit or fake?

PDA: I9100UHKI2

PHONE: I9100UHKI1

CSC: I9100UUBKI2

Build Info : Mon Sep 5 20:11:10 KST 2011
  19. NM4Y

NM4Y Member

LOOk guys for you to get a good night sleep there is a simple test to do.Just connect your sgs2(fake or not )to your pc then start kies its imposible that kies will detect a fake phone like a real one ,and that;s it
  20. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

There are reports of Kies failing to detect legitimate phones too.... Have a look at some of the comments by disgruntled users of Kies. Just get it to a Samsung store and ask them to check. However, the best bet is to always obtain it from a reputable dealer.
  21. joe4027

joe4027 New Member

same with's written "made by samsung" on the backside of my phone..
    i wonder if it's original or fake.
    some says that the country of origin written in the box, but i can't find it..or maybe missed it (where's side of the box it printed again..??)
    it does connect with kies...but the strange thing is that i couldn't upgrade it to ics
    i haven't run the benchmark test since i dont know what the best app to show the "inside" of my sgs2..
    my *#1234# test show :
    PDA I9100XWKI4
    PHONE I9100XXKI1
    CSC I9100OJCKI1
    Wed Sept 14 20:34:11: KST 2011

so..guys...any opinion...???
  22. ironass

It's genuine.

You should be able to update to ICS as your CSC code, OJC (South Africa, I think), has had ICS released for it... see posts #1 and #2, here.

Not sure what you mean by an app to show the, "inside", of it!
  23. joe4027

joe4027 New Member

thanks...that was really a good news
    well...i.mean app that can show the details of performance and hardware: procc speed, memory clock or even the graphic...i mean just like kind of benchmarking software for computers...
  24. ironass

25. richsanjeewa

richsanjeewa New Member

*#1234# Test
    PDA: I9100XWLP7

CSC: I91000JCLP6

Build Info : TUE APR 3 19:44:49 KST 2012