• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MADE IN KOREA...original or not?

the buyer says that the phone was from/ made in korea... dis is wat it looks like.. do you think it is original? how come the 2 sii don't have the same design? can somebody help me? thaaaaanks! :))

Attachments

• 2816_508545325838910_963317075_n.jpg
    2816_508545325838910_963317075_n.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 124
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0
the buyer says that the phone was from/ made in korea... dis is wat it looks like.. do you think it is original? how come the 2 sii don't have the same design? can somebody help me? thaaaaanks! :))

Hello and welcome to Android Forums ger08! :)

Have you got a link to the site that is offering this phone for sale?

My first reaction from those two images is that they are not of the same phone. The second image does not look like a Samsung Galaxy S2, GT-i9100.

The first thing you can do is check out if the specifications, shown by the seller, match those of a genuine Galaxy S2, shown, here. Particularly the internal memory, which should be 16GB and not, say, 170MB as in this thread, here.

Because there are so many different versions of the Samsung Galaxy S2 that are sold, worldwide, it is not always possible to say from a photograph alone, if a phone is genuine or not.

Unfortunately, in the last few months, there seems to have been an upsurge in Galaxy S2 clone phones.

My advice would be to proceed cautiously as you seem to have doubts about the authenticity of this product anyway and I think you have every reason to be dubious judging from what little information is contained in those photographs.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Im also planning to buy Samsung Korean Phone :s anyone can suggest me if it is good to use ? The design is different from the other Samsung Mobile and I'm not sure for the specs, I've searched this phone but i can't see the full specification. :s please reply anyone. Thanks I'll Attach the Pic.

Here are the given Specs:

SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII MODEL: i9250+ MADE IN KOREA

Features:

Android System
Android 2.3 Ginger Bread
MP3/MP4
Video Recorder
T card Slot up to 16GB
Dual Sim/ Dual Standby
Loud Speaker
Outside FM Radio
HD Camera
Touch 4.0

Attachments

• 546622_415797421812579_948747055_n.jpg
    546622_415797421812579_948747055_n.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 3363_415797645145890_462748129_n.jpg
    3363_415797645145890_462748129_n.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0
Im also planning to buy Samsung Korean Phone :s anyone can suggest me if it is good to use ? The design is different from the other Samsung Mobile and I'm not sure for the specs, I've searched this phone but i can't see the full specification. :s please reply anyone. Thanks I'll Attach the Pic.

Here are the given Specs:

SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII MODEL: i9250+ MADE IN KOREA

Features:

Android System
Android 2.3 Ginger Bread
MP3/MP4
Video Recorder
T card Slot up to 16GB
Dual Sim/ Dual Standby
Loud Speaker
Outside FM Radio
HD Camera
Touch 4.0

Reactions: DimeGOD and ironass
Upvote 0
My guess is that its a fake. Everything about it in the specs looks wrong.

1. As mentioned by lunatic59 the model number is wrong ( looks like an S2, says it is an S3 and has the model number of a Galaxy Nexus).
2. Screen size does not match any of the above devices (someone please correct me if I have that wrong).
3. States it has Android 2.3. Only the S2 of the possibilities from above was released on Gingerbread.
4. Says 128MB internal memory. None of the above come with less than 8GB memory (and I'm pretty sure they all have 16GB+
5. Says it is dual sim. Pretty sure there isn't a regional variant of any of the phones that is dual sim.
6. "Soft Touch, Resisitive, Capacitive and Responsive Touchscreen" is just gibberish.
7. Some preinstalled apps are not standard on Samsung phones (eg ES FIle Explorer and task manager).

My advice is to steer well clear.

Reactions: DimeGOD
Upvote 0
PDA : I9003DDKP3
PHONE : I9003DDKP4
CSC : I9003DDKP1
build info : fri jan 13 20:56:11 kst 2012

Hello and welcome to Android Forums rschotia1958! :)

I am afraid it is good news, bad news, time...

The bad news is that your phone is not a genuine Samsung Galaxy S2. :(

The good news is that it appears to be a genuine Samsung Galaxy SL.

For more details, see the Galaxy SL section of Android Forums, here.

Upvote 0
Can you type the following into your dial pad...

*#1234#

and post exactly what it says on your screen.

I tried on my S2 but then it was invalid. I was wondering with the S2 of my boyfriend coz according to spec of S2, it must be 16gb internal but he has less than 1gb internal. Our S2 was made in korea by samsung. we only have fb and twitter as our app. can you help me to figure out if its original or not. thanks guys.

Upvote 0
I tried on my S2 but then it was invalid. I was wondering with the S2 of my boyfriend coz according to spec of S2, it must be 16gb internal but he has less than 1gb internal. Our S2 was made in korea by samsung. we only have fb and twitter as our app. can you help me to figure out if its original or not. thanks guys.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums kharmaj_1415! :)

I'm afraid that with less than 1GB of internal memory that the phone is not a genuine Samsung Galaxy S2. Also the fact that the, "Version", is not coming up when you enter *#1234# on your phone, is a strong indication that you have a, "clone", phone as this is standard on a stock, un-customised, firmware.

See, also, this thread with screenshots...

Is my GT-I9100 genuine?

Reactions: suhas mamadge
Upvote 0
hai.. i have a same problem also.. when i buy my s2 the seller said my s2 is original. but when my s2 i9100 have a problem cause the
imei num was gone, so i go to samsung center to fix it.. and i been told that my s2 is a fake because its made in korea by samsng and the simcard slot and and memory card slot are different from galaxy s2 that she have show to me..
pls help.. :(

Upvote 0
hai.. i have a same problem also.. when i buy my s2 the seller said my s2 is original. but when my s2 i9100 have a problem cause the
imei num was gone, so i go to samsung center to fix it.. and i been told that my s2 is a fake because its made in korea by samsng and the simcard slot and and memory card slot are different from galaxy s2 that she have show to me..
pls help.. :(

Hello and welcome to Android Forums lyann89!

I am afraid to say that if a Samsung Service Centre are telling you that your phone is a fake then it is, as they should know.

Samsung is a South Korean company and most of their phones, if not all, say, "Made in Korea by Samsung".

All you can try and do is seek a refund from wherever you bought it.

Upvote 0
What is the difference between version Korea version and the International version?
Are the specifications different?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums charlaobr! :)

If you mean the difference between a genuine Samsung Galaxy S2, GT-i9100, International and a genuine Samsung Galaxy S2, South Korean variant, M250K/L/S, there are a number of specification differences, including...

"All of variants optimized for use with South Korean wireless carriers have Samsung's Korean input system for feature phones, a Dubeolsik-layout virtual keyboard and a T-DMB tuner in place of an FM radio tuner."

... as shown, here.

However, this thread is chiefly concerned with the influx of, "clone", or fake Galaxy S2 phones that have appeared and how to tell the difference between a genuine Samsung Galaxy S2 and a fake. See also, "Is my GT-I9100 genuine?".

Upvote 0
Good day everyone.

I'm planning to buy a second hand phone. But I'm really confused if it's a clone or really a korean version like what the seller is saying.
This is the seller's ad:
TipidCP.com | Galaxy s2 HD LTE

she included pictures of the phone.
She also said that if the samsung has the LCD TEST it means that it is original. Is it true?
And it is in english because it is in the english rom.
I've been googling about the difference between the clone ones and the original ones.
I'm not really knowledgeable with this. Please enlighten me about this. Thank you very much :)

Upvote 0
Good day everyone.

I'm planning to buy a second hand phone. But I'm really confused if it's a clone or really a korean version like what the seller is saying.
This is the seller's ad:
TipidCP.com | Galaxy s2 HD LTE

she included pictures of the phone.
She also said that if the samsung has the LCD TEST it means that it is original. Is it true?
And it is in english because it is in the english rom.
I've been googling about the difference between the clone ones and the original ones.
I'm not really knowledgeable with this. Please enlighten me about this. Thank you very much :)

It is not the Samsung Galaxy S2, GT-i9100 or the G, M, P or T variants. From the screenshots it looks as though it has been rooted and running a custom ROM, (possibly in an attempt to use it outside of Korea), and the model version, SHV-E120S, would indicate that it is indeed the Korean LTE variant of the Galaxy S2, as shown here. IMHO, unless you are going to use this in Korea, its usage may be limited as indeed would support also be.

Upvote 0
It is not the Samsung Galaxy S2, GT-i9100 or the G, M, P or T variants. From the screenshots it looks as though it has been rooted and running a custom ROM, (possibly in an attempt to use it outside of Korea), and the model version, SHV-E120S, would indicate that it is indeed the Korean LTE variant of the Galaxy S2, as shown here. IMHO, unless you are going to use this in Korea, its usage may be limited as indeed would support also be.

Yes Indeed it is the samsung galaxy s2 hd lte version. And she said that it is already rooted and running a custom rom. So that we can use it here in the philippines. By the way thank you for your answer mr. ironass. But I do have a last question. Can I ask if it's a good thing or bad, the rooted thing? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Yes Indeed it is the samsung galaxy s2 hd lte version. And she said that it is already rooted and running a custom rom. So that we can use it here in the philippines. By the way thank you for your answer mr. ironass. But I do have a last question. Can I ask if it's a good thing or bad, the rooted thing? Thanks!

Being rooted means that you will not be able to update via the Samsung Pc Suite, Kies, or OTA, Over The Air, so you are stuck on that custom ROM unless you learn how to flash ROM's and operate the conversion procedure to enable them to run on that model of phone. Also, be aware that the baseband, sometimes called modem or radio, may or may not be compatible with your network in the Philippines.

Update The item appears to have been withdrawn from the previous link!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones