• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MADE IN KOREA...original or not?

Can you type the following into your dial pad...

*#1234#

and post exactly what it says on your screen.

mines is;
PDA:I9100XWKI8

PHONE:I9100XXKI4

CSC:I9100OXXKI2

BUILD INFO:WED SEP28 20:51:36 KST2011

theres a couple things that seem not right with my phone, other than that i can't seem to see a promblem with anything
1- the sd card slot is under the sim card slot
2- the battery does not say samsung

Upvote 0
mines is;
PDA:I9100XWKI8

PHONE:I9100XXKI4

CSC:I9100OXXKI2

BUILD INFO:WED SEP28 20:51:36 KST2011

theres a couple things that seem not right with my phone, other than that i can't seem to see a promblem with anything
1- the sd card slot is under the sim card slot
2- the battery does not say samsung

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Kagura680! :)

The firmware you mention is the old Gingerbread, Android 2.3.5, Nordic Countries release from October 2011. It does seem odd that it has not been updated since via Kies.

This could be either for the reasons shown in #1.5 and #1.6 of the Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide, in which case you can flash the latest JB firmware manually using Odin and the instructions in #1.7 of that guide.

Alternatively, your phone could be a Korean variant such as an SHW-M250/S/K/L that has had a diferent firmware flashed to it. Check the sticker underneath the battery for a model number.

The SD card slot for the GT-i9100 is shown in this video...

Samsung Galaxy S2 - How to remove backside/battery/SIM/SD - YouTube

The battery could just be a replacement by the original owner/s.

Upvote 0
If your still Confuse use kiest connect it if kies recognise it......or try update its firmware using samsung kies 3

Just 1 small problem with your suggestion... Not all phones that Kies does not recognise will be fakes. There are numerous posts on these forums which show that Kies does not recognise genuine Samsung phones.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
I had this samsung s2 clone copy from korea(made in korea by samsung) i am sure that it is a clone,is it possible to root it on original firmware of original samsung s2?pllsss help me..

I tried it to root on original firmware of samsung s2 but unfortunately the but the files need to be downloaded is almost 1gb and my samsung s2 clone has only 25mb memory internal.plsss help how can i root it to original firmware,tnx again

Hello and welcome to Android Forums cryptonz2008! :)

I am afraid that if your phone is really a fake Galaxy S2, as your 25MB of Internal memory would seem to indicate, you will NOT be able to run stock Samsung firmware on it as your hardware is totally different and any attempts to do so will result in your fake being bricked as you do not have the same kernel, modem, partitions, storage, screen, CPU, GPS, that a genuine Galaxy S2 possesses.

Upvote 0
I saw a samsung galaxy s2 I9100 which was made in Korea by samsung . But when I held the phone in my hand. I could notice that it doesnt even weigh 100 grams.But I checked the camera and other apps there was noting wrong with them. could that phone be original?

Samsung are a South Korean company and so therefore, with manufacturing plants in Korea, Vietnam and Brazil, seeing Korea on the label is no big surprise! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones