• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Made my own dock!!!!

Well I couldnt wait so I made my own( my son helped). Took 3 1/2 hours to make and cost me 10 bucks. Leave comments.

This is my first post.

Attachments

• dockd.jpg
    dockd.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 522
  • dockc.jpg
    dockc.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 484
  • dockb.jpg
    dockb.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 494
  • docka.jpg
    docka.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 432
It looks great. I'm still not really sure what you need a dock for though??? How is this better than just plugging the phone in and laying it on the table??
Not to sound like a jerk or anything, just trying to see if there is something I'm missing with this. Thanks.

Besides the fact that it looks much better when the phone is "displayed" on a dock,....many of us use the phone as our alarm clocks and its a lot easier to see the time when its sitting at an angle on the dock.

Upvote 0
Besides the fact that it looks much better when the phone is "displayed" on a dock,....many of us use the phone as our alarm clocks and its a lot easier to see the time when its sitting at an angle on the dock.

I use my phone as an alarm clock and have it plugged in and laying on the nightstand next to my bed. The alarm goes off at the same time every morning and all I do is roll over, swipe down and the alarm is off. I don't really need to see what time it is since it's always 7am everyday when the alarm goes off.
I guess it might look "nice" on it's side plugged in on a little stand. I was just trying to see if there was something else I was missing with it as far as functionality or something was concerned. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Nope. Thats pretty much it.....unless of couse, I'm missing something too.

HA! Yeah I didn't think there was anything else. The dock looks really nice and the OP did a nice job on it. I wasn't trying to take anything away from the thread just trying to understand what, if any, are the benefits of having a dock. I guess there really aren't unless you really want to be able to see the phone sitting on it's side as opposed to laying flat on a table.

Upvote 0
I will be making a stand up dock tomorrow i will make a material list and take pics of each step, i dont think I will incorporate the cord.

You could use some epoxy putty to keep the cord in place and for a portrait mount. Just go to Bed, Bath & Beyond and pick up some mighty putty for $4.00 for three tubes they are on sale. Let it harden in an hour sand sand it then paint it. It's what I use for all of my docks and it works perfectly. You can encase the whole cable if you want to "freeze it" in position so you can just slide the DInc in to it or just use a blob to hold the cable in place leaving a half inch or so of the cable free so you can plug it in with your hand. The second method is faster. The first is more custom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones