Made the switch!General

Last Updated:

1. DrOiD_86

DrOiD_86 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all I just switched from blackberry tour to an incredible, I have been reading through this site all night trying to find as much info as I can on this phone! I have read alot of info just wondering for a brand new user right off the bat as soon as I activate my phone what are some things you recommend I do that would help my droid experience to the phone! Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Shotgunx1x

Shotgunx1x Well-Known Member

Welcome! You made the right decision in ditching your blackberry and choosing the incredible.

3. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

The NEXT right decision is by coming here to get info! Tons of great stuff on this site. Here are some great threads...

http://androidforums.com/tips-trick...e-official-htc-incredible-battery-thread.html

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/72153-you-kidding-me-camera-quality.html

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/63247-unofficial-incredible-wallpaper-thread.html

I still spend a surprising amount of time browsing the Market. You can do it online at www.appbrain.com.

That's PLENTY to get you started :D

4. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

I would spend time on appbrain (online) finding the apps you NEED and want. Go through forums to determine which ones you need and want.

Make sure you have watched a few videos out of box. Top 10 app list videos....... so on. They will show you lots of tips, tricks, and apps.

Read and ask here. So much info, so many smart people!

Enjoy!

Just as a side note, my main homescreen has Where, Dolphin Browser, Meebo IM, Camera, Bible, People, Handscent, and mail on it. Honestly though, i will probably get rid of mail and handscent from the main homescreen as I dont use the widget/shortcuts much.

Just to give you an idea. Also, save your scene. I dont know why, but I do.

5. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Blackberries are for jerk heads and people who want to try and look professional.

My best friend is a victim of the snoozeberry.. It's like hello! Anybody home?!

6. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

BlackBerry is a necessary evil when your company forces you to use the device to access your BES email.

Beyond that it is a dinosaur.

7. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

8. nickreich

nickreich Well-Known Member

McFLY!!!!!

9. DrOiD_86

Opera MINI? I had that on my blackberry? I thought the droids browser was fast enough to not need a secondary app? Why do you use opera? Thanks everyone for the replies! I already like this forum more than the blackberry forum I came from lol.

10. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

Opera loads pages much faster than the alternatives. The Android browser is miles ahead of the POS on BB, but I still use Opera about 95% of the time.

1. speed of loading pages
    2. Opera link
    3. tabbed browsing/comfort level with Opera

Opera Bridge makes it easy to set Opera as default for certain actions and leave the choice dialog for others.

I use Browser for flash sites and leave it set to ID as Desktop to get around some annoying sites that force mobile versions.

11. DrOiD_86

Ok, well I guess I'lll look into getting opera again! Thanks