• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DrOiD_86

Jun 21, 2010
Hey all I just switched from blackberry tour to an incredible, I have been reading through this site all night trying to find as much info as I can on this phone! I have read alot of info just wondering for a brand new user right off the bat as soon as I activate my phone what are some things you recommend I do that would help my droid experience to the phone! Thanks!

The NEXT right decision is by coming here to get info! Tons of great stuff on this site. Here are some great threads...

http://androidforums.com/tips-trick...e-official-htc-incredible-battery-thread.html

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/72153-you-kidding-me-camera-quality.html

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/63247-unofficial-incredible-wallpaper-thread.html

I still spend a surprising amount of time browsing the Market. You can do it online at www.appbrain.com.

That's PLENTY to get you started :D

Upvote 0
I would spend time on appbrain (online) finding the apps you NEED and want. Go through forums to determine which ones you need and want.

Make sure you have watched a few videos out of box. Top 10 app list videos....... so on. They will show you lots of tips, tricks, and apps.

Read and ask here. So much info, so many smart people!

Enjoy!

Just as a side note, my main homescreen has Where, Dolphin Browser, Meebo IM, Camera, Bible, People, Handscent, and mail on it. Honestly though, i will probably get rid of mail and handscent from the main homescreen as I dont use the widget/shortcuts much.

Just to give you an idea. Also, save your scene. I dont know why, but I do.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
And that is about it (6 weeks on Inc, 10 yrs on BB). My quick and dirty BB detox plan:

1. Profile Profile - Android app on AppBrain
2. K-9 Mail Downloads - k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code
3. Handcent Handcent SMS - Android app on AppBrain
4. Swype (after 2 years on Suretype, I was faster after 3 days on Swype) Swype

and (of course) Opera+Opera bridge ;)

Opera Mini 5 browser - Android app on AppBrain

OperaBridge - Android app on AppBrain

Opera MINI? I had that on my blackberry? I thought the droids browser was fast enough to not need a secondary app? Why do you use opera? Thanks everyone for the replies! I already like this forum more than the blackberry forum I came from lol.

Upvote 0
Opera MINI? I had that on my blackberry? I thought the droids browser was fast enough to not need a secondary app? Why do you use opera? Thanks everyone for the replies! I already like this forum more than the blackberry forum I came from lol.

Opera loads pages much faster than the alternatives. The Android browser is miles ahead of the POS on BB, but I still use Opera about 95% of the time.

1. speed of loading pages
2. Opera link
3. tabbed browsing/comfort level with Opera

Opera Bridge makes it easy to set Opera as default for certain actions and leave the choice dialog for others.

I use Browser for flash sites and leave it set to ID as Desktop to get around some annoying sites that force mobile versions.

Upvote 0
Opera loads pages much faster than the alternatives. The Android browser is miles ahead of the POS on BB, but I still use Opera about 95% of the time.

1. speed of loading pages
2. Opera link
3. tabbed browsing/comfort level with Opera

Opera Bridge makes it easy to set Opera as default for certain actions and leave the choice dialog for others.

I use Browser for flash sites and leave it set to ID as Desktop to get around some annoying sites that force mobile versions.

Ok, well I guess I'lll look into getting opera again! Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones