Magic FreezingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Navrig

Navrig Member This Topic's Starter

My wife and I both have HTC Magics.

Her phone is "freezing" on a regular basis. It happens in two ways.

1. When she is trying to make call in which the case the call is not connected and she cannot move away from the dialling screen.

Or

2. After she has dialled and, in theory, she is connected however there is no ringing and no communication. In this case the green "in-call" symbol is shown. Again she cannot move away from the "in-call" screen.

In both cases the only way to resolve it is leave the phone until it sorts itself (2-3 minutes) or take out the battery.

I have experienced 1. a couple of times and this morning 2. happened to me although in this instance the battery was low.

Any ideas anyone?

Advertisement
  2. Navrig

Navrig Member This Topic's Starter

Sorted, I think.

Vodafone diagnosed the issue being faulty SIM cards (both at the same time!!). We hae had these SIMs for 5 or 6 years so I suppose they may not be the most suitable for current handsets.

We now have the SIMs installed and the problem seems to have gone away however I have been advised that it is better to set the phone to GSM (or 2G in the case of the Magic) as 3G often causes this sort of problem. The advice came from users and mobile phone sellers who I know on another, non-techy, forum.

Is the issue between 2G and 3G real. If so what is the point of Vodafone pushing 3G phones?