Magic & Rogers updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. Special--k

Special--k Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I have not been around in some time, just wanted to know if there is any way to get update onto a Rogers Canada HTC magic.

Im using system version 1.5. And i feel like that has to be something better.

thanks

Advertisement
  2. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

There is/will always something better. But not right now, rogers doesnt offer anything better than what you have, unless you bought it from another sources or do it yourself.

3. jimf42

jimf42 Member

they have promised the update for late this month...I keep looking for it...if it follows to form, there will be a download link on the web. I also have a rogers magic

jim

4. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

Jim, the Android 2.1 update for the Rogers Magic will be OTA only, and only for phones that installed the recent 911BugFix update. If you are still rocking an older Magic with stock 1.5, or if you have rooted, you will need to apply the 911BugFix update before you can get the OTA update for 2.1.

At the moment we are waiting for Google to approve it, and HTC to roll it out.

Watch this thread for info: http://androidforums.com/rogers/157413-update-2-1-os-upgrade-rogers-htc-magic.html

5. jimf42

jimf42 Member

my phone has the 911 update and sense...but will not receive the OTA update since although a Rogers phone, I am operating on ATT in the states...maybe some one will post the update ...or if that does not happen, it may be time for cyanogen.

6. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

Hmm... well, I guess if you really had to, and you knew someone up here with a Rogers SIM, you could take a jaunt across the border, stick in the Rogers SIM, pull down the OTA update, and go back from whence you came? :)

Who knows, given the way Rogers and HTC do things, mayhaps the OTA update will have issues and they will have to release a downloadable version.

7. jimf42

jimf42 Member

well...next time I am north of the border...that might work. hmmm, I will be in Victoria, B.C. in Nov....maybe I should get a prepaid sim card from Rogers to slip in during that time. Or maybe, like the Sense update and 911 update, they will just put them online.

8. eagle_awd

eagle_awd New Member

I'm on the Roger's phone by with Telus as carrier and today I got update notification. Not sure if I should update though, worried that might lock my phone back to Rogers.

9. jimf42

jimf42 Member

well...I am using a rogers phone under ATT and when I updated, it did not switch back. It did wipe out my APN settings and I had to input them again...so write those down.