• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Magic & Rogers update

they have promised the update for late this month...I keep looking for it...if it follows to form, there will be a download link on the web. I also have a rogers magic

jim

Jim, the Android 2.1 update for the Rogers Magic will be OTA only, and only for phones that installed the recent 911BugFix update. If you are still rocking an older Magic with stock 1.5, or if you have rooted, you will need to apply the 911BugFix update before you can get the OTA update for 2.1.

At the moment we are waiting for Google to approve it, and HTC to roll it out.

Watch this thread for info: http://androidforums.com/rogers/157413-update-2-1-os-upgrade-rogers-htc-magic.html

Upvote 0
Hmm... well, I guess if you really had to, and you knew someone up here with a Rogers SIM, you could take a jaunt across the border, stick in the Rogers SIM, pull down the OTA update, and go back from whence you came? :)

Who knows, given the way Rogers and HTC do things, mayhaps the OTA update will have issues and they will have to release a downloadable version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones