Magic update to 2.1 on ATTSupport

Last Updated:

1. jimf42

jimf42 Member This Topic's Starter

So...although I am running a Rogers Magic 32A on ATT in the States, I saw that the update was out and before trying the manual download, I checked the check for updates box and it downloaded 2.1 ...I rebooted and although I have to rearrange all my screens and spent 25 min on the phone with ATT tech support to get the correct mobile network settings...all works ok now!

Advertisement
  2. knc47

knc47 New Member

Any help would be appreciated. I keep getting an error. It shows it was downloaded but when I reboot it gives me an error message about verification?

3. petezach91

petezach91 New Member

Mine kept stopping halfway through the installation and a little triangle with an exclamation point in it would appear. I'd press every button and nothing would happen so after taking out the battery and restarting it, it would work again, but still only on version 2.0. After going to a rogers service center and consulting the less than useful guy behind the counter, I was told the only option was to do a factory reset and then install version 2.1 before doing anything else. After doing that, it all works perfectly.
    The phone is much faster and has a lot of the applications that are available on the newer android phones.
    I hope I was able to help!

4. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

How do you start download in first place?

5. jimf42

jimf42 Member This Topic's Starter

thru settings...there is a box to check whether you want the phone to check for downloads automatically...check the box and it will find it.