Magicsim Dual Sim Adapter - Samsung Galaxy S4Tips

Last Updated:

1. simorris

simorris Member

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I had one for S3 and even then after each software upgrade there were issues. I have not tried it on my S4 yet, but might try to see how it works with it.
  3. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to switch SIM without turning the phone off?

I looked into one of these a couple of years ago when I travelled more than I do now but the only ones I could find required a reboot. That being the case, it hardly seemed worth it so I didn't bother.

I can imagine that it would be pretty handy for frequent travellers to be able to do this on the fly.
  4. Szadzik

You can switch SIMs without turning it off. There is an app that takes care of that and that is the whole point of owning this.
  5. simorris

simorris Member

Theres no need to turn your phone off. Watch the video and you'll see how it works ;)

Szadzik i had an issue with my S3 one about 9 months ago and it turned out to be that one of my SIM cards was an old SIM type (i'd had it for about 6 years) Changing that to a new SIM fixed the issue and made the Dual SIM adapter incredibly reliable.
  6. Szadzik

All of my SIMs are fairly new.
  7. keithbrown53

keithbrown53 Active Member

Is the app clever enough to switch APNs when you switch sim? I'm wondering if for example slot 1 contains a Vodafone sim, and slot 2 contains an Orange sim.
  8. Szadzik

It is not the app, but the phone that detects the sim crd's operator and switching the APN and SMSCente number. To answer your question - Yes, it does do that.
  9. chris2k5

chris2k5 Well-Known Member

Wonder if this will work on the Verizon S4?!?
  10. Szadzik

Do you have a SIM card in the VZW phone?