• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Magnetic POGO Charger is Available!!

SplicedX

Jun 26, 2010
I just received my pogo charger yesterday and it is excellent, both in fit and finish and increased charging speed! also, the manufacturer has set up a web site for sales. no eBay or Amazon.

Magnectic Pogo Cable

Attachments

• IMG_20130109_183401.jpg
    IMG_20130109_183401.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 324
  • IMG_20130107_170053.jpg
    IMG_20130107_170053.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_20130109_185412.JPG
    IMG_20130109_185412.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 182
Wow thanks for the update! My only concern is the long term ”wear n tear ” from an unofficial accessory, could it hurt the battery? Wear it out over time?

Just a rough estimate, from 0%, while the N10 Is completely turned off, my device, via USB, takes roughly 5-7 hrs to charge. By no means scientific, just an estimate.

Because of a seemingly lack of accessories for this device, I will probably order this! Thanks for posting

Upvote 0
For only a 25% increase in charging speed why would you want one, or am I missing something less obvious?

Sometimes I don't have time to do a full charge. For me it'd be nice to have a charger I can plug in for an hour and actually get some juice out of it. Via USB I'd barely get anything for 1 hr or even half hour. Also if you've noticed if you are using the device while charging via USB, it charges extremely slowly. And for only 20$!

Also for me personally, I feel that USB can hurt the device's port long term from constant use. Not to mention I've had my USB charger ripped out of my phone, thankfully my charger was destroyed, not my phone. With the magnets, it seems virtually impossible to hurt the device. Also the website says there is a chip in the device that will keep it from overcharging.

And finally, this charger can free up the USB so you can plug into your computer or use for other uses. Just a few things that come to mind! My 2c.

Ps- I wanna use those little damn magnets! Lol

Reactions: Atma and 4ubest
Upvote 0
Sometimes I don't have time to do a full charge. For me it'd be nice to have a charger I can plug in for an hour and actually get some juice out of it. Via USB I'd barely get anything for 1 hr or even half hour. Also if you've noticed if you are using the device while charging via USB, it charges extremely slowly. And for only 20$!

Also for me personally, I feel that USB can hurt the device's port long term from constant use. Not to mention I've had my USB charger ripped out of my phone, thankfully my charger was destroyed, not my phone. With the magnets, it seems virtually impossible to hurt the device. Also the website says there is a chip in the device that will keep it from overcharging.

And finally, this charger can free up the USB so you can plug into your computer or use for other uses. Just a few things that come to mind! My 2c.

Ps- I wanna use those little damn magnets! Lol

Great, I knew I must be missing something so I will order too. Thank you.

Upvote 0
]Hey Google....if you are listening, this would be a dock purchase if you would get off your butts and put it out. We all saw your Christmas video.

Cheers to that!!! Get some freaking accessories in the Play Store already! I've never seen a device released with absolutely no manufacturer accessories available. And after 3 months to boot! Wouldn't you think that Nexus being the flagship tablet for Google, they'd have all the bell and whistle accessories ready to roll with it? Very disappointing.

Upvote 0
the cord is 4 ft long

Seems pretty decent considering what most phone chargers are these days. + I have a million extension cords! Ha

as promised, here are some photos.
Sooooooooo jealous. unfortunately I entered my information correct on the website, but when they sent the invoice to my email my shipping address was the same as a billing address, which they are not in real life. I sent another follow up email correcting information but haven't received a reply. I'm hoping they just charged me anyway and send me the charger!

Thx again for posting!

CF

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones