Mail app data going up and up - low memory flagsSupport

1. licountrygirl

licountrygirl New Member

My internal memory started going down and I figured it out that it was the stock email app that I use with my yahoo account.

I deleted the data and had to set up my account all over again and the memory shot back up.

I am finding that I have to do that every 2-3 weeks or I will lose too much memory and get those dreaded alerts and bounced back texts.

Is there any way to delete all that data instead of wiping out the account? I am very good with keeping all my cache clean (it's a must on this low memory phone) but I hate having to set up my email account over and over.

Will wiping out the data that often do any damage to the phone?

Advertisement
  2. riggerman1

riggerman1 Well-Known Member

You can always try the Yahoo mall app instead.
  3. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

sounds odd, I have mine set up to check 3 accounts that get lots of mail n never ran out.
  4. Guian

Guian Well-Known Member

Wiping the data won't hurt the phone.

Have you checked your other apps to see if they are the memory hogs? Usually when I'm running low I make the assumption that its my e-mail but usually the culprit is the browser and my news reader.
  5. spikehou

spikehou New Member

Yeah I have the same issue. The stock Mail app is using 71.03 MB. I only use my Yahoo mail and that app is only using 9.89 MB. Have not figured out how to get the stock mail app down.
  6. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

You might try using the K-9 mail app instead of the default one.

7. fightingirish

fightingirish Well-Known Member

The stock email app really racks up the data storage space. Ridiculous!

I use K-9. Much more sensible. The browser/website option works as well, but you don't get notifications.