Mail App NotificationGeneral

1. mfgriffi

mfgriffi New Member

I'm pretty sure I saw a thread about this before, but couldn't find it once I actually needed it. Anyways, I'm having trouble with getting my notification for my email to go away. It's not a problem with gmail, but the mail app. The notification disappears from the notification bar once I check my email, but the "1" stays in the icon for the mail app even after I've deleted it. I've checked all my folders, inbox, drafts, sent, etc. and there's nothing in any of them. Any help fixing this would be great.

Advertisement
  2. 0wrx2

0wrx2 Well-Known Member

ive had this problem too. havent found a good fix for it yet either. the easiest thing to do is delete the icon and put it back.
  3. dragonbro

dragonbro Well-Known Member

I've had that randomly happen about 4 times (so far). I just restarted the phone, solved problem.
  4. River rat

River rat New Member

I never had that happen on 1.5. After 2.1 OTA it happened constantly. Many other bugs as well. A Factory Data Reset cured them all. I have had no problems since.
  5. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

I have the problem too. Yesterday it seemed to happen every time I got mail, today it hasn't done it at all. It annoys the heck out of me, but I don't know how to fix it. I usually delete the shortcut and then put it back It's a pain, but it is easier than restarting each time.
  6. thegish71

thegish71 Member

Has anybody come up with a perm solution besides a restart or a factory reset ?