1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

mail apps in the works???

Last Updated:

1. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

are there any better mail client programs out there?

i have both Gmail and imap access to my corporate email coming to my phone...i use both apps for that, just wish they would be more outlookish like, especially on the corporate email app side, the gmail is what it is and i accept that

Advertisement
  2. spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm Active Member

Check out Touchdown Exchange. I use it for my Corporate mail. Much better than the stock mail application

3. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ouch on the 20 dollars, lol but i'll give it a try.....now how do I get my company to pay for it?

4. dusthead

dusthead Well-Known Member

i'd rather - all mail - one app. and frankly gmail's app is my fave...the stock one on mine (HTC eris 1.5) doesn't let me 'check' or 'select' multiple in the list and then delete them...which is crazy! seeing that practicly every other email addy you have (excluding gmail and maybe company ones) get plenty of BS emails. so obviously you'll want this feature.

so, lets go google...support other addresses other than gmail. k thx bi

5. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Not sure how K-9 handles corporate mail but I use it for my regular comcast and gmail accounts and find it much more functional then the stock apps. It is free and worth a try.

6. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

+1 for K-9 Mail. I have given up on the standard email client and the Gmail client and use K-9 to get my Gmail via IMAP (which seems to actually push it) and my Hotmail via POP3.