Mail behavior after froyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. jmeltzer

jmeltzer Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone noticed a change in the way mail is handled? Mail used to get saved on the device for X amount of days. Now, it seems when I delete the message from the server it is automatically getting removed from the mail app. (It almost seems as though I am conecting using IMAP rather than POP) This was not the case before.

Thanks for any help.
    Jason

Advertisement
  2. jmeltzer

bump

3. DialTone

DialTone New Member

I'm having the same issue. Have not yet found a fix (other than not deleting mail from the server)

4. spence341

spence341 Well-Known Member

Mine has always removed from the phone if I deleted the mail from the server.

I have noticed that the SYNC icon shows up alot more then it did before 2.2. I used to only see the icon if there was a SYNC issue. I also noticed the notifications seem to be delayed more than in the past.

5. jmeltzer

I did some more research and found that EVO users are experiencing the same thing. HTC has said it was intentional and that it Is better as it does not bog the phone down with old messages, but that is not how pop works. Hopefully they will change this back. Either that or a decent mail client is available in the market. I have not looked yet.