Mail deletes stuff from inboxSupport

Last Updated:

1. simon1

simon1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since updating to 2.2, I lose anything left in my Inbox after about 2 days. I used to have this problem and remember making a change in settings to sort it out but I can't find anyway of doing this in 2.2. (This is NOT googlemail)

Advertisement
  2. riki1kenobi

riki1kenobi Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same problem.....It is so frustrating as I have to go into the web server to get the emails I need to keep :(

On 2.1 you could change a setting on the mail settings but on Froyo it seems to just delete them regardless. Has anyone found a workaround for this or can anyone recommend a better mail client?

3. Zaichik

Zaichik Well-Known Member

The setting's still there in 2.2. It's in Settings > Send and Recive. Also, if you're using POP3 to receive your email, try switching to IMAP.

4. riki1kenobi

Yeah it is still there but it doesnt work......Also the setting is IMAP already, so dunno what to try next.......

5. simon1

simon1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have contacted HTC and they tell me this is a new 'feature' of Froyo. That I should not delete emails from the webmail if I want the phone to keep them. I replied to them that if I wanted this feature I would use IMAP and not POP3.

I have requested that they reinstate a proper use of POP3 and I would suggest to anyone else to email them on their support page and ask the same. I they realise how many of us are annoyed at this then they may do something about it.

6. riki1kenobi

Wow, new feature eh? What a crock! They dont want mail clogging up the already meagre mb space available so they set it to delete......I dont mind it deleting all the crapware I get through the mailbox, but they should have a setting that allows you to save the important mail!

7. MH75

MH75 Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to fix this yet?

All my emails keep getting deleted!:(